Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

October Giveaway - FREE Armor of the Autumn Knight

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited November 2019 in Announcements
Glorious Ashes of Creation community!

As we head into fall, we wanted to give away a FREE Armor of the Autumn Knight cosmetic skin to everyone who achieves level 50 in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse by 11:59PM PDT on Thursday, October 31, 2019.

autumn_knight_1920x1080.jpg

Don't be a basic witch, hop into the game and level up during the fall season for some wicked rewards. Not only can you get the Armor of the Autumn Knight, you can also achieve these items below!

Compendium-Rewards_2.gif

Reminder that ALL of the item skins that you attain in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse will be usable in the MMORPG Ashes of Creation! Thank you to everyone who has joined us throughout our testing process. We're getting more and more excited for Alpha 1 of the Most Anticipated MMORPG!

FAQ and more information here: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-10-01-october-giveaway-a-free-armor-of-the-autumn-knight
marketing.gif

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    Nvm. Question answered by Steven in Discord. Can delete.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    edited October 2019
    Here some calculations:
    49 Levels * 13k XP = 637k XP required

6 Weeks (Legendary Path) * 45,5k XP = 273k XP
    38 Dailies * 4k XP = 152k XP
    425k XP (Level 33) by completing all quests

212k XP (17 Levels) need to be done by matches
    ~7k XP = ~10 matches per day

tl;dr: You need to play more than 2,5 hours per day to get the skin
    ... or 9,8k embers = 85$

My opinion: Please choose a more realistic level with your rewards, which would be around Level 25.
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have so many things I want to say but most of them would most likely end me in trouble, so all I will say is this. Is that all you have?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dope!
  • ChillmawChillmaw Member
    edited October 2019
    You really need to rethink your "Free Giveaways!" designs. From the perspective of someone who only has the basic adventure path, the emberstone dragon was feasible to get, even with the orginal deadline, by doing a weekend binge and getting the quests done quickly, however the amount of time needed to do so kind of defeated the point of a "free giveaway".

This one is even worse since if Modbots calculations are correct then this is going to take a significant amount of effort even for people with the legendary path, to the point that I actually consider it a joke to even call it a "giveaway".

It also encourages an unhealthy "GOGOGO" mentality that will lead to burn out, particularly for a game that currently only has one game mode, as you are essentially wanting people to "complete" the game as quickly as possible. LV 50 on the adventure path is something I would expect to reach near the end of the chapter/season when all the quests are released, not a month after the game launched.

Giveaways are nice, but not so much when you need to pay or be a fulltime unpaid game tester to earn them.
  • BluehBlueh Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Will be rare, and i have no life so im in. GoGoGoGo.
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    I would love to have this outfit and will work hard to earn it, but I'm with others, level 25 or 30 is more realistic, unless the point was to make it ultra-rare.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• PitouPitou Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    what a joke , you know we can't all sit there and play for 4 to 6 hours a day . some of us have jobs and other shit to do
    what a joke , you know we can't all sit there and play for 4 to 6 hours a day . some of us have jobs and other shit to do

I have to agree. It would have been better if the amour was at level 7 and the dragon at level 40
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    Edit: Also, no helmet? or at least head accessory?
    Speaking of head/face accessories, please make it a thing that's separate from helmet slot.

Good news, there will be a face mask for this costume. Hehe, the prophecy!

But it will be in the helmet slot. I wish head accessories have their own slot. Please.

Well that is good news as I have a unnatural love for masks
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    I get the push for testing purposes, but from my point of view I'm not interested in BR modes unfortunately =/. I am all in for testing to make the MMORPG best as possible, however I think since the majority of Ashes community is MMORPG players, I would've hoped that they gave a more realistic timeline for gifts. I have already pushed myself as much as I can to play BR, even when I'm not particularly enjoying it much.

I test for two purposes:
    1. To help the devs test for Bugs/Issues
    2. Just to delve into the Ashes environment/Biomes.

So, my point is, I think that I.S. should understand the reality of its player base even in the event they want to reward their testers. Mayhap, have a little lower level requirement or have other methods of obtaining the reward Oo? If no changes, then at least have same rewards from BR be available in Alpha Testing. I guess we should be expecting more rewards during Alpha testing as well =D. Those I will do actually enjoy getting to the challenge.

tl:dr
    Less Requirement for Gifts & Have same and more rewards during Alpha testing.
    By the way, Intrepid, Great job on the armor =D. Looks good as always. Keep up the amazing work!
    [img][/img]
  • bakes82bakes82 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Once you pay to reach level 50 do you then not have to worry about other events?
    October 7 ---- 7 A.M. PDT.

I, and some other players, have reached 50 today. 23 days, 17 hrs left. No matter how busy a person is, 23 days is more than enough.
    Whoever's slacking and whining, definitely should not get rewarded.

o:) KEEP IT RARE PLEASE ^_______^ o:)

But was it worth it? and on top of that was it fun?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Nagash wrote: »
    October 7 ---- 7 A.M. PDT.

I, and some other players, have reached 50 today. 23 days, 17 hrs left. No matter how busy a person is, 23 days is more than enough.
    Whoever's slacking and whining, definitely should not get rewarded.

o:) KEEP IT RARE PLEASE ^_______^ o:)
    The main purpose of APOC is testing. Testing is not supposed to be fun.

But was it worth it? and on top of that was it fun?
    Testing is not supposed to be fun, but YES, it was fun!

I would chase people down with 1 HP just because it's fun to snipe them with a ranged weapon. As for melee weapons, I've learned new things today. Learning is progress, progress is fun <3.

I hope Intrepid merge the BR mode with the MMO. The more things to do, the better. Anything with large skill cap is appreciated.
    Of course there were many things that weren't fun for me. Like, wasting 20 minutes just to get a fight or two. Most of the issues are easy to fix, so I will ignore them.
    If they want to make it fun, they can make it fun, right now, it is designed for testing purposes.

That's fair
    nJ0vUSm.gif