Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What kind of siege machinery is this ?

WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
This is from the newsletter. Looks amazing ! But does anyone knows what this weapon is supposed to do ?
There seems to be a torsion spring inside the wheel so it can launch something using angular momentum. It also looks like a medieval pulley that was used to build castles. Or a giant hamsterwheel/concrete mixer thing to transport stuff..
Any guesses ?

8c86b4a8-0f92-4027-9c34-da51815c0da2.jpg'As a thank you, we wanted to share a little sneak peek of one of the siege weapons awaiting the players in our upcoming Castle Sieges Mode!'
Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    It is a doom wheel prototype. quick someone get the rat poison and check the sewers

CommonEquatorialGannet-size_restricted.gif
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Nagash Holy cannoli !! That thing looks epic lol. If something like that will be in the game i hope to be able to apply the stuffertons skin to it :o>:):D
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wololo wrote: »
    @Nagash Holy cannoli !! That thing looks epic lol. If something like that will be in the game i hope to be able to apply the stuffertons skin to it :o>:):D

it also shoots lightning ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • This is cool but I actually have no idea what it could be ~ ! lol
    Poko.png
  • Nagash wrote: »
    It is a doom wheel prototype. quick someone get the rat poison and check the sewers

CommonEquatorialGannet-size_restricted.gif

lol I Skaven are so damn cool
  • BehagueBehague Member
    edited October 2019
    I was more interested in the runes above the gates, I can read it but it doesn't make sense.
    The right says
    E P I D S T U D I ES S I N T R E
    I think they're trying to write intrepid studios, but used the Es letter instead of the O.
    The O rune itself looks more l like an F.
  • Warlords-of-Draenor---Iron-Star.gif

Though hamster wheel seems more plausible.
  • It appears to be a primitive wall-breaker, or gate breaker. It has a stationary, or possibly wagon-portable, base on which it can swivel, and a rotating wheel with heavy metal spikes on the outer edge. The design appears to be made for a single person inside to spin the rotating wheel, hamster-wheel style (if you look closely at the picture you can see the opening where a person would get in), while being protected from above and the sides by the device itself. The rotating arm outside allows an ally to lower the wheel against the wall, or gate, to tear at the wall/gates integrity. When the spinning slows down it is rotated away again so the person inside can pick up momentum, or swap out for a fresh person, before it is once again lowered in to the wall/gate - eventually chewing through.
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    seems legit !