Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How are you guys enjoying the new winter map ?

Just thought I'd leave this here because I doubt a lot of people will look in the apoc forums section. What're your thoughts on the new map ? I haven't really gotten to play it myself but I love the snowy forest biomes and stuff so I'm excited ! <3
Poko.png

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It needs a lot of optimisation compared to the other map but so far its ok
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Oh has it been laggier compared to the other one ? Just from the pictures alone it looks a lot more life like, rather than just a barren grassland !
    Poko.png
  • The BR is ending a lot quicker with the reduced map size and concentrated item locations. On the first map, until the corruption zone constricted the field, you could hunt for sometime and find no one. On this new map the zone is smaller and the constriction faster, so the battles are fast and fierce.
  • I also have optimization problem. I have much less FPS. One part of the map, I walk within textures. There are floating items. Sometimes something stick in and I have less than 10 FPS for a minute.

Additionally, I became unlucky. I had many fight what I lost with less 10 health left for my enemy. At this moment I did 199 damage and I lost. So 1 single health left for the enemy. If i kill someone somebody else appear and I do not have time to regenerate. :p
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    looks amazing ! esp the snow stuff if u come closer it changes and looks realistic, the sound effects are nice too and i wish to walk around there for a hour without fighting and get lost :D FPS dropped alot though.. got a decent system and about halfed in framerate from the old map compared to the new. but maybe its because there is no optimization settings yet ?
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • Dayuhan wrote: »
    The BR is ending a lot quicker with the reduced map size and concentrated item locations. On the first map, until the corruption zone constricted the field, you could hunt for sometime and find no one. On this new map the zone is smaller and the constriction faster, so the battles are fast and fierce.

Sounds like an improvement to me !! c:
    Poko.png
  • Ghoosty wrote: »
    I also have optimization problem. I have much less FPS. One part of the map, I walk within textures. There are floating items. Sometimes something stick in and I have less than 10 FPS for a minute.

Additionally, I became unlucky. I had many fight what I lost with less 10 health left for my enemy. At this moment I did 199 damage and I lost. So 1 single health left for the enemy. If i kill someone somebody else appear and I do not have time to regenerate. :p

Ohhh gosh that sucks aha!!! but I'm sure they'll optimize the game a lot more as time goes on! Hopefully they'll get it down to running smoothly !
    Poko.png
  • Wololo wrote: »
    looks amazing ! esp the snow stuff if u come closer it changes and looks realistic, the sound effects are nice too and i wish to walk around there for a hour without fighting and get lost :D FPS dropped alot though.. got a decent system and about halfed in framerate from the old map compared to the new. but maybe its because there is no optimization settings yet ?

Oohhh! I can't wait to see how pretty it is ~ ! I'm willing to guess they'll be optimizing it a lot, hopefully at least so the zones in the mmorpg aren't like that. If they were it would be pretty laggy! It looks really nice though, really happy to see the nice change !
    Poko.png
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    Beautiful.
    It's just that I couldn't enjoy it much because there has been SO MUCH rubberbanding and sudden FPS drop going on.

Yeah. its even worse when the severs are merged and I have to play on NA servers
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Ahh gosh that must be pretty bad having to deal with all that EU stuff, I haven't been playing much but I hopped on for one game and my fps had almost halved compared to the other map. I do agree it looks very nice though but it needs a TON of optimization !!
    Poko.png
    Poko wrote: »
    Ahh gosh that must be pretty bad having to deal with all that EU stuff, I haven't been playing much but I hopped on for one game and my fps had almost halved compared to the other map. I do agree it looks very nice though but it needs a TON of optimization !!

yep but at least this is testing the test (alpha 1) for the MMO
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• chibibreechibibree Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • chibibree wrote: »
    I've heard a few people saying it seems smaller and not as easy to hide

It is quite easy to hide, but don't expect your hiding place to last long. As the map constricts the hiding places become obvious and people start looking in those places for snipers and opportunists.
  • Nagash wrote: »
    Poko wrote: »
    Ahh gosh that must be pretty bad having to deal with all that EU stuff, I haven't been playing much but I hopped on for one game and my fps had almost halved compared to the other map. I do agree it looks very nice though but it needs a TON of optimization !!

yep but at least this is testing the test (alpha 1) for the MMO

Hmm.. true and from what I've seen they have a lotttt of optimizing to do !
    Poko.png
  • RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The smaller map combined with the lower population has helped me increase a lot my xp per hour as I can't fight for sht so I have to count on me dying in a higher rank to get more xp.

While in the older map I could spend 15 ish mins in a match and die with 0 kills getting 100 - 300 Xp in that match, in this new map I can die withing 5 - 7 minutes with 500 - 1000 xp with the same 0 kills

So if you ask me I'm loving the new map.
    2PXdm1m
  • chibibree wrote: »
    I've heard a few people saying it seems smaller and not as easy to hide

Yea I've heard it's a ton smaller just so the matches will be meaningful. Since they haven't had matches above 40 players to begin with sadly...! I'd love to see if the new backend was an improvement. Hopefully they're just working hard at it.. and then castle sieges will come around and 100 v 100 will be working ! that's a lot to hope for though lol
    Poko.png
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    Beautiful.
    It's just that I couldn't enjoy it much because there has been SO MUCH rubberbanding and sudden FPS drop going on.

Yeah. its even worse when the severs are merged and I have to play on NA servers

Some of us have it even worse with no chance of any improvement, just hope we still get Sydney based servers for the MMO.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Some areas need optimization (frames drop hard), but on the whole is more action packed and fast paced than the previous. A part of me doesn't like that because you only get to breath when you're dead, but it's undeniably more fun overall than 30 players on a map designed for 100.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am enjoying the new map, but I want place names for the points of interest.
    Is it a winter version of the A0 map?
    I just got 2nd place via hiding, so the gameplay is OK.
    I'm in LA, so I don't have any lag issues.

Would be nice if we could get a new map with each chapter.