Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Different weapons = Different playstyles

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
From the battle royale I can see we have a bunch of different weapons already. I assume the APOC weapons are not all weapon types in game as well. I think it would be amazing if all these weapons offered different playstyle options or special uses. For example, a whirwind-style attack for a fighter should be more effective with a spear than for example a small knife.

Also, I see mages/clerics have a few weapons that seem viable for them, namely:
Staff (More close combat oriented than the wand?)
Wand (Faster than the staff? opens up off-hand?)
Tome (Holds advanced and large spells? Off-hand weapon?
Scepter (Hold different and unique type of spell augments?)

Please make it so in the MMO these weapon types feel unique. Do not just put a bunch of stats on it and call it a day. Actually make the staff "feel" different than the wand etc.

What do you think? Should all weapons just be stat modifieres or should they offer unique gameplay diffrenences?

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well every class can use every weapon so it's going to be interesting to see how a tome works for a warrior or how a bow would work on a priest
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »
    Well every class can use every weapon so it's going to be interesting to see how a tome works for a warrior or how a bow would work on a priest

Tome for a bard = reciting poems ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »

Tome for a bard = reciting poems ;)

I can see that
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • I hope they'll feel different c: It would be a shame if all the melee weapons felt the same, same with ranged and all. It would probably be pretty hard to get them all to feel different but I'm sure they can do it !

Like the difference from dual wielding two daggers to two axes should be huge !
    Poko.png
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    it's going to be interesting to see how a tome works for a warrior
    tenor.gif

Hhak63P.png
    Atama wrote: »
    tenor.gif
    Atama wrote: »
    tenor.gif

I can see a ork warrior doing that
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The original FaceBook!
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well, in the MMORPG design, weapons have weapon abilities.
    An advanced weapon can have up to 5 weapon abilities.
    Crafters can craft the weapon abilities that are on the weapon.

Some of the challenges that come with how weapons work with class abilities are:
    A Tank cannot use Shield Bash while wielding a bow.
    A Ranger cannot use Flame Line while wielding a sword.