Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[SAVE APOCALYPSE] How to answer "We asked for MMO" AND SATISFY EVERYONE [ C L I C K H E R E ] x

TsukasaTsukasa Member
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
What is Apocalypse and what it will become?
Currently: it is a testing battleground. || It is planned to become a free separate game(standalone) FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THE MMORPG.

My suggestion:
Make Apocalypse feels like an MMORPG. How?

0- Add introduction for what Apocalypse is, and the rules in one loading screen and somewhere easily noticeable. Dealing with the confusion takes priority!!!! No need for loading screens with tips, remove them all.
Optional:
As a tutorial, create an in-game book item with the tips provided with images for each mode.

1- Remove the queue screen and turned it into ONLY two lobbies separated by servers(NA and EU).
Edit: or merge them into one.

2- Add the queue for game modes INSIDE the lobby, as well as Inventory, Shop, Adventurer path and ping reader.

3- Add chatbox for the lobby and party members only. Show players' names when in lobby. The chat should have global proximity to prevent players from teaming in solo. Even better when GMs joins in, mainly for Q&A to reduce the confusion.
If you want, you can try adding the chat in solo as well, but both global and short chat proximity have negative effects, such as teaming. Teaming will happen regardless. What should you do? I don't know.
Side note: The lobby chat might look chaotic, add a bubble or something to help them keep up the conversation. Whispering is bad.

4- Expand the lobby slightly for players to explore and enjoy different environments and help them set the proper graphics settings, if possible. OR you could add environment changes to the lobby based on time. (not important)

5- In the lobby, remove chests and let players change weapons from the inventory, so that they can practice on other players without dealing damage. (it's more effective practice than attacking a standing-still puppet) The inventory should be freed-up once they enter a battleground.

6- Add more progression systems, aside from level and leaderboard, so players don't feel they are wasting their after reaching 50, preferably ones that would transfer over into the MMORPG.
Personally, I'm enjoying BR. but I try to stop myself after a win or two(~1 hour), per day, because it is meaningless waste of time. Soon(or from now on, due to long queue), I won't play at all.

7- After Autumn Knight event is over. Remove everything EXP-related from the legendary path. Make it a fair environment for free users.

8- The shop is overpriced for recolored and very similar cosmetics.
My suggestion:
I want you to decide on your own, but here's my suggestion:
Gather recolored and similar skins into categories; when one item of a category is purchased, the other skins of the category should be sold for HALF the price from now on. Unless it's exclusive or rare, such as Nighthawk Gryphon.
https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/43570/suggestion-the-price-of-recolored-skins#latest
Unimportant:
Make characters more customizable and add more cosmetics!

If you can add a way to access your old alpha 0 & 1 videos inside the game, I think this will help a lot because many people are clueless and lazy. They only see "BR" and Apocalypse. I don't have high hopes for siege mode because it's going to most likely have similar combat to BR.

What will all these lobby changes do?
Brings more players, make them stay, have confidence and incentive to play!! People want MMORPG and MMORPGs aren't not just games.

Comments

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    imo lobby changes with a chat to have a handfull of ppl chatting there instead of discord, splitting EU/NA, more EXP, cosmetics, new map, soon to come leaderboards, more graphic customization options for low-mid tier systems will still not make the br work as stand alone game. it could turn 20 man ques into 25 maybe but its not good publicity for the mmo. they designed action combat that is great for testing and a great base for hybrid system but not a stand alone action system. maybe togethere with castle siege class kits etc but plz lets wait for that or just move on to alpha 1 meanwhile because that is where these things are supposed to be. call me a salty backer but i really wonder in what phase of development the game is right now.. not alpha 0 anymore and also not alpha 1 yet (which should have the earlyest access to ashes as noted on the kickstarter page). so that makes this eeuhm alpha 0,5 ? or alpha 1-phase 1-part 1? sorry but anything towards improving the APOC as stand alone feels hostile at this point in time for this exact reason:
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    But I'm also afraid that you go bankrupt. My expectations for castle siege are low, due to similar combat system.

Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Changing Apoc from a BR to more of an MMORP before alpha phase 1 would be insulting to alpha 1 backers.

Play Apoc for the BR or don't.

As far as "I played Apoc BR like you suggested, it's not an MMORPG."
    My response is "Yeah, it's also not Ashes of Creation, it's a testing ground."

If that makes people mad and they choose not to play, that's on IS.
    I am not their PR manager.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Azathoth wrote: »
    Changing Apoc from a BR to more of an MMORP before alpha phase 1 would be insulting to alpha 1 backers.

Play Apoc for the BR or don't.

As far as "I played Apoc BR like you suggested, it's not an MMORPG."
    My response is "Yeah, it's also not Ashes of Creation, it's a testing ground."

If that makes people mad and they choose not to play, that's on IS.
    I am not their PR manager.

That would cause a shit storm on the scale of epic levels
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Has any of you ever tried a fully instanced MMO?
    For example, in Dauntless, there is only ONE city.
    Players choose to queue as solo or with party, in different game modes.

My suggestion is going to make APOC literally the same, at very low cost!

F2P players of the future will enjoy it. If they can't pay for the subscription or are hesitant and need a trial.

As I said everyone is interested in the MMO, make an MMO-like environment if you want them to stay.

@GMSteven @MargaretKrohn @LieutenantToast
    I'm confident enough about the last two lines above to ping all three of you.

Have you ever heard about: Guild Wars?
    a6XEiIf.gif
    ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Do you need a new fuse?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »
    ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Do you need a new fuse?

zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ- KABOOOOOM!
    Intrepid are you done reading this?

I highly doubt that they read this.
    1. It on the forums
    2. It about the BR
    3. It just your idea
    nJ0vUSm.gif

They talked about posting suggestions about BR in the forums today. + I re-posted this on APOC forum at the same time.

"highly doubt" is baseless(or not?) and inaccurate. Have hope.

also what does "it just your idea" mean...
    @Nagash

EDIT: ALSO, I pinged them. Be careful with your words.

What I meant was its just one idea from a comunity member. you have no backing by anyone here so why should they make changes?

Also was this meant to be a threat?
    EDIT: ALSO, I pinged them. Be careful with your words.

nJ0vUSm.gif

• I was wondering, maybe people in Apoc forum section would be more interested of this topic and suggestion. It can easily be, that those who are more interested to see the actual MMORPG are less interested of the changes and upgrades in Apoc.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
    No one liked my idea but no one was strongly against it either. No surprise here, the post is too long.
    I care about what Intrepid thinks, or at least them noticing it. Does the community have to decide that for them?
    Nagash wrote: »

Advice. You'll get in troubles and/or hurt others when you say things carelessly.

Sure. I have no idea how what I said could get me in trouble or how it would hurt anyone,but if you say so.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

No one liked my idea but no one was strongly against it either. No surprise here, the post is too long.
    I care about what Intrepid thinks, or at least them noticing it. Does the community have to decide that for them?

Advice. You'll get in troubles and/or hurt others when you say things carelessly.

Well tbh, it was not really about us being against or for it. You worded your post in such a way that most of us probably just started to ignore it, that was what i did at least.
    It also has nothing to do with its length. We are active in threads that interested us, no matter the length of the initial post, and yours just didnt interest us/me in any major way... there are always people that think they know better. Sometimes it is something that could be interesting to discuss, like my idea with onehanded spears for example, and sometimes it is a thema that we are pretty apathetic to... like yours.

Another thing: Why should Nagash watch his words? It is a free country, not to speak of it being... well... THE INTERNET! It is not HIS responsibility to "watch his words", it was your parents responsibility to raise you in such a way, that a random persons opinion or wording on the internet is not something that could hurt your feelings....
    a6XEiIf.gif
    edited October 2019
    edit:
    Thought so. It doesn't look appealing to read. Can you tell me what I should have done?
    There aren't many detailed suggestion posts that I could learn from.

As for @nagash, I was just being nice to let him realize what he just did can cause troubles for him in the future. Why? Because I want people to tell me when I do bad thing, too, even if it's just their opinion.

AoC is not a place for free speech, otherwise G.Bear wouldn't have gotten banned for being too vocal. If Nagash thinks of it as a threat or wants to act smart/sarcastic/hostile or just unable to understand.

Tell me, Nagash, what will you do if it was a threat?

I would laugh and then disregard you in all future posts.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Damokles wrote: »

Well tbh, it was not really about us being against or for it. You worded your post in such a way that most of us probably just started to ignore it, that was what i did at least.
    It also has nothing to do with its length. We are active in threads that interested us, no matter the length of the initial post, and yours just didnt interest us/me in any major way... there are always people that think they know better. Sometimes it is something that could be interesting to discuss, like my idea with onehanded spears for example, and sometimes it is a thema that we are pretty apathetic to... like yours.

Another thing: Why should Nagash watch his words? It is a free country, not to speak of it being... well... THE INTERNET! It is not HIS responsibility to "watch his words", it was your parents responsibility to raise you in such a way, that a random persons opinion or wording on the internet is not something that could hurt your feelings....

Thought so. It doesn't look appealing to read. Can you tell me what I should have done?

As for @nagash, I was just being nice to let him realize what he just did can cause troubles for him in the future. Why? Because I want people to tell me when I do bad thing, too, even if it's just their opinion.

The internet is a separate world from here. In AoC, there is censorship/rules(which is why I hate Reddit), it's not a place for free speech, otherwise G.Bear wouldn't have gotten permabanned for being too vocal and demanding.

Out of curiosity, tell me, @Nagash, what will you do if it was a threat?

Okay, here are some tips for thread creation:
    1. Dont make the thread name too long. Keep it as short as possible, andlet everyone know it is a discussion. Example: "Backstab. Yes or No?" Or "DPS Meter" (the dps meter thread is the longest and most visited post on the forum currently for example)
    Your thread title, was more like something that a goldseller would post in the generyl chat in Ironforge. You practically implied that your idea is the best and that everyone should instantly see that and support you. There was no dialogue, no wonder no one wanted to discuss here.
    2. Try to hold an open discussion, and dont instantly call out people. It does not help, if you immediately try to call in the mods or steven. They are like unicorns, mysterious in their ways, and they will only show themselves to chosen ones.
    3. You use the spoiler function way too much in my opinion. I have never, NEVER, seen anyone really use it, before you came onto the forums. Just say what you want to say.
    4. Dont try to chastise other people for ANYTHING. Call them out if they are douchebags if you want to though.
    5. Dont push your personal political agenda if you can. No one wants to hear it in the ashes forums, genderequality/sexual orientation is not something that you should discuss on the forums.
    6. Dont post under your own thread at least until someone mentioned something to discuss, or at least until 3 other people already posted something.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    No one likes your idea, but also no one is strongly against it because the idea just shows that you don't understand the purpose of the BR.
    The devs have already explained the purpose of the BR and why it is designed the way it is.
    As Nagash pointed out - the devs rarely, rarely, rarely reply to posts in the forums.
    But, Steven says he reads all the posts.

The devs will make Apoc more like an MMORPG by adding other game modes, like Castle Siege and Horde.

I didn't say I would block you I said I would disregard you in all future posts.
    nJ0vUSm.gif