Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Unknown file version (APOCClient-Win64-Shipping.exe)

DraxianDraxian Member, Founder, Kickstarter
edited October 2019 in Support & FAQ
I'm receiving the titular error code each time I attempt to launch APOC. I have repaired anticheat using its installer but that has made no difference.

Launching the game via APOCClient-Win64-Shipping.exe works and the standard anticheat message stops me logging in as it should, so there's a problem with the patcher. If I can avoid a full reinstall I'd like to, but am able if absolutely necessary.
Ab6cN4y.png

Comments

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    same problem, got different errors. if anyone knows would full re-install help ?
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • PitouPitou Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What worked for me was uninstall the whole game , and delete from c drive anything intrepid , then install and run though APOCClient-Win64-Shipping.exe , which in binaries folder , hope this helps .
  • DraxianDraxian Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited October 2019
    Pitou wrote: »
    What worked for me was uninstall the whole game , and delete from c drive anything intrepid , then install and run though APOCClient-Win64-Shipping.exe , which in binaries folder , hope this helps .

I've tried launching through that, but I get a warning about not being able to access online play.

Edit: It does allow me to run the patcher though, so this may fix it after the fact. I'll update.
  • PitouPitou Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    yeah just press okay on does not allow online play
  • DraxianDraxian Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Pitou wrote: »
    yeah just press okay on does not allow online play

Seems to be working, thanks.
  • Hi all - while the solution Pitou provided above may help some folks, please reach out to our team directly here with a tech support ticket if you continue to experience this issue: https://support.ashesofcreation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000558614

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please feel free to reach out to me directly if there's anything further I can assist you with on this topic!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.