Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Voice commands

leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I think it would be cool to use voice commands to do certain things, use spells. Will be funny on voice chat 🤣

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Voice commands are a nice plaything (i play star citizen for example with voice command), but i believe that macros and key commands are easier to handle ;)
    Imagine, you are in a raid and people keep on yelling their abilities xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hmmm what kind of skills would sound funny when shouted out? I would watch a 2 minute YouTube video about this (especially if there are innuendo aplenty being shouted). Funny meme but nothing more.
  • Pffft ~ ! This reminds me of when the xbox one I think came out ? and people could just say "xbox shut off" and it would turn off lol
    Poko.png
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In the modern days it should be speech recognition, where you can say anything and bind it to an ability. You could say penis and bind it to fireball xd. But let's stay serious. Offcourse normal keybinds still active, just an addition.
    edited October 2019
    Hmmm what kind of skills would sound funny when shouted out? I would watch a 2 minute YouTube video about this (especially if there are innuendo aplenty being shouted). Funny meme but nothing more.

There was this one game, my friends and i always played in Stormwind. Do you know the an*l game? Just find a fitting ability or spell and write an*l infront of it. Example: an*l Death Grip, an*l Whirlwind, an*l Pummel
    We were younger at the time and not as mature as we are now of course, beause what self-respecting young adult would play something like that *cough*
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »

There was this one game, my friends and i always played in Stormwind. Do you know the an*l game? Just find a fitting ability or spell and write an*l infront of it. Example: an*l Death Grip, an*l Whirlwind, an*l Pummel
    We were younger at the time and not as mature as we are now of course, beause what self-respecting young adult would play something like that *cough*

Sounds hilarious tho 😂
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    The mature version of this is taking the fortune from a fortune cookie and add “in bed” to the end. I know it doesn’t sound funny but when you actually do it, it can be pretty good.

I’d love if voice commands could be tied to crafting, just so if I could tell my character “make me a sandwich” it will do it.

ETA: For the fortune cookie game, just look at this web site which has a slew of fortunes found in cookies. Read any of them out loud and just add “in bed” to the end. It works. (I am such a child.)
    https://joshmadison.com/2008/04/20/fortune-cookie-fortunes/

Hhak63P.png
    leamese wrote: »

Sounds hilarious tho 😂

It was ;) And you can stll sometimes find players play it in general chat on raid nights xD (like wednesday or saturday)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I only want one voice command.

KILL THEM ALL
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Nagash wrote: »
    I only want one voice command.

KILL THEM ALL

Voice command for necro servant summoning: ARISE MY MINION!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • ...and if the spell name does not come to you mind: "that blueish flame thingy"
    edited October 2019
    Ghoosty wrote: »
    ...and if the spell name does not come to you mind: "that blueish flame thingy"

I can just imagine it... Raid night, everyone is highly concentrated. And then suddenly in the middle of the bossfigth: "Thunderstorm... Thunder-storm!... THunder-STorm... THUNDER...STORM! FINALLY YOU GOD DAMN RUSTBUCKET! NO DONT CAST GOD-DAWN THATS A 10MIN CD!"
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • im against voice command for fantasy mmorpg
    caedwyn wrote: »
    im against voice command for fantasy mmorpg

even if its

"The undying king awakens you, serve me now and always!"
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    I just want more options. instead of pressing many buttons i can use voice commands in between. "shield", "dodge"; "invis" etc .. more synergy for my gameplay :)
    leamese wrote: »
    I just want more options. instead of pressing many buttons i can use voice commands in between. "shield", "dodge"; "invis" etc .. more synergy for my gameplay :)

but thats boring
    nJ0vUSm.gif

even if its

Only, if it is a skill that you have to spam, and it only activates once per complete sentence! X'D
    a6XEiIf.gif

even if its

Only, if it is a skill that you have to spam, and it only activates once per complete sentence! X'D

I would be fine with that to be honest. just make sure the ground shakes and lighting strikes
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »

even if its

im against all voice commands UNLESS they are literally long or medium spell casting things like what you just mentioned.
    for example, lets assume that in order to make something invisible you had to give this entire voice command :
    Let the Object of Objection

Become but a Dream,

As I cause the Seen

to be Unseen

OK THEN im willing to say its ok XD
    short words or short sentences = HARD NO