Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Which past or coming MMORPG or other game had the best UI and why?

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
As the title said, I for one, would like to see a very different UI and very much hope there are user friendly mod capable UI.

Personal preference is for clean distracting UI such as that used in New World

Which past or coming MMORPG or other game had the best UI and why?

Comments

• Hmmm.. I can't speak because I haven't played mmorpgs. Though from other games, it's really preferred not to have a super cluttered UI. I mean, by default it could have a lot of things but I'd love for it to be fully changeable ~!

So you could move all the windows around, remove some windows and add different ones. I think it's important to let people change up their UI to fit their preferences or what they're doing at the time !

Preset UI could be nice too, like a raiding UI PVP UI etc.
    Poko.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like the GW1 and GW2 UI. It was/is rather utilitarian approach, but it worked perfectly for them.
    I always go for a rather minimalistic UI if I can, and try to keep as much visibility as possible.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • WoW. However, mostly because fully customable. The standard UI options are mediocre at best.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For me its between FFXIV and guild wars 2
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    ferryman wrote: »
    WoW. However, mostly because fully customable. The standard UI options are mediocre at best.

Only fully customizable with addons though ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • I like BDO's UI because it's clean, sharp and high contrast, which makes it pop against the already-rich colour palette used in the game. The way they display the map with nodes and node connections is very slick.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The best base UI? Probably guildwars 1. Clean, simple and easy to customise just enough for what I needed. Of course it's hard to compare anything to my custom WoW UI with all my addons.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    I like the UI from gw2 its really functional and clean.
  • archeage
    guid wars 2

archeage was amazing in terms of being able to customize literally everything
    every font, color, button, size, alignment, position
    everything
  • FerrymanFerryman Member
    edited October 2019
    Damokles wrote: »
    WoW. However, mostly because fully customable. The standard UI options are mediocre at best.

True and that is what I had in mind too. Without addons there is not much you can done. I have myself used Bartender4 as a base.
    Damokles wrote: »

True and that is what I had in mind too. Without addons there is not much you can done. I have myself used Bartender4 as a base.

I always used Tukui back in the days. ^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Poko wrote: »
    Hmmm.. I can't speak because I haven't played mmorpgs. Though from other games, it's really preferred not to have a super cluttered UI. I mean, by default it could have a lot of things but I'd love for it to be fully changeable ~!

So you could move all the windows around, remove some windows and add different ones. I think it's important to let people change up their UI to fit their preferences or what they're doing at the time !

Preset UI could be nice too, like a raiding UI PVP UI etc.

YES! This exactly what we should get. :)
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Clean, simple, Customisable, saveable presets and exportable
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    None, they all sucked. Which is why the best UI is a customizable one.