Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

It's time!

With companies like blizzard and riot games making a fool of them selves, intrepid needs to show off some goodies. Let me be clear on this! Show off some goodies from the mmo not apoc, not environment, not creatures, but classes raids/dungeons, juicy spells and abilities. Stuff like that. Oh and maybe a race or two.

Comments

• torkel56torkel56 Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    If they had anything to show of I think they already would. They have gotten hammered after the BR "launch"
    By both the BR player group (outisde the ashes community) and most of the Ashes mmorpg group.

So If they had anything good to show from the mmorpg I think they already would to get the focus away from the BR side.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What did riot games do again? I just know that they released the information about all those new games, that they have in production.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They showcased MMORPG classes, spells and abilities 2 years ago at PAX West 2017.
    And, we continue to see spells and abilities in Apoc.
    The can't even give us different facial features, besides default male and default female, in Apoc.
    They not ready to show different races, yet.
    edited October 2019
    Dygz wrote: »
    They showcased MMORPG classes, spells and abilities 2 years ago at PAX West 2017.
    The can't even give us different facial features, besides default male and default female, in Apoc.

Ye they did showcase some abilities, it was a really strate forward showcase, showed of a few abilites and a combo system. I think they moved away from the combo system. It's 2 years ago..
    Im guessing you wanted to write racial features and not facial features.

Because facial features they can show of in apocs, even though I dont see the point in doing that now.
  • Damokles wrote: »
    What did riot games do again? I just know that they released the information about all those new games, that they have in production.

Well if this community’s trends are consistent, it’s because Riot dared to stray from being a MOBA-only studio.

Aside from the games, all they mentioned was an animated series they’ll be working on, and that RP won’t be called RP across all their games due to issues with Google’s policies about digital currencies. And the usual preseason changes for League, I suppose.
  • Well I am not sure if Blizzard is making a fool of themselfs, but I guess a lot of depends what will be announced in the next Blizzcon, in november if I remember right... Oh well soon anyway.

I do not know about others, but imo it is really hard to get any kicks from apoc, few spells and cosmetics. So yeah, I agree with the op, it is time to get something more!

I guess we should not start to talk about facials... ;):D
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
    edited October 2019
    torkel56 wrote: »

Yes they did showcase some abilities, it was a really straight forward showcase, showed of a few abilities and a combo system. I think they moved away from the combo system. It's 2 years ago..
    Im guessing you wanted to write racial features and not facial features.

Because facial features they can show of in apocs, even though I dont see the point in doing that now.

AFAIK, they have not really moved away from the combo system. It isn't implemented in the game while they work on how they want to present it.
    And, no, I meant facial features. In Apoc, we can change skin color, hair color and hairstyle for the default male and default female. The facial features stay the same.
    By now, we should be able to have different facial features... but, yes, those different facial features should reflect diverse Human ethnicities.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Last December (Dec 13 2018), Intrepid showed a lot of MMORPG play. Pretty much right after that, they found the backend problem so have been feverishly working on that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRETPXuUEJs

I am hoping that they will have another playthrough on a livestream soon (or just release Alpha 1).

And, everything they show us is for the MMORPG. APOC, environment, creatures, etc. are all created for the MMORPG, so you are seeing them already.

They are (I assume) still working on the character creator, so we should soon be able to create all the characters we want (and hopefully save them for later...). That would include modifying the facial features.
  • Last December (Dec 13 2018), Intrepid showed a lot of MMORPG play. Pretty much right after that, they found the backend problem so have been feverishly working on that.

Yeah lets hope they can fix that soon.. :D
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • I don't think RIOT did anything bad, expanding their company is great. Making games in Runeterra for other genres will just expand their reach even more. I really only heard tons of good things about their 10 years of league celebration and with all their new games it's all been good.
    Poko.png
    edited October 2019

AFAIK, they have not really moved away from the combo system. It isn't implemented in the game while they work on how they want to present it.
    And, no, I meant facial features. In Apoc, we can change skin color, hair color and hairstyle for the default male and default female. The facial features stay the same.
    By now, we should be able to have different facial features... but, yes, those different facial features should reflect diverse Human ethnicities.

Ye you might be right I just remember the players that tried the demo didn't like the combo system and I thought they removed it.
    Some of the players didn't like the way the combo was presented.
    The devs said they want to present the concept better.
    It was still partially in the tab-target combat of A0, but more passive.
    And, it's really supposed to be related to weapon abilities (advanced weapons have up to five weapon abilities).
    But, yeah, it's been 2 years... and lots of new devs. We'll have to see what might have changed over time.
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    IS shouldn't be reactive to anything at this time, we saw how that ended up in that "MMO teaser trailer" . Instead, they should keep analyzing through the data from APOC and focus on their move to the new studio.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Makinoji wrote: »
    IS shouldn't be reactive to anything at this time, we saw how that ended up in that "MMO teaser trailer" . Instead, they should keep analyzing through the data from APOC and focus on their move to the new studio.

well said
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    edited October 2019
    Nagash wrote: »

well said

well said..? The only thing he asked for was Intrepid to show of some new stuff.

Nothing to be reactive to, if they dont have anything to show in the first place.

Dont think Intrepid cares about what Blizzard or any other mmorpg are doing. They have to think about their own company.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

well said

well said..? The only thing he asked for was Intrepid to show of some new stuff.

Nothing to be reactive to, if they dont have anything to show in the first place.

I meant about rushing out a new MMO teaser trailer because that last one did more harm than good
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

well said

I meant about rushing out a new MMO teaser trailer because that last one did more harm than good

Agreed