Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Just one month to go!

VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Until Intrepid move into their new studio, finally!

What sort of changes will this bring for the MMO and its development?

Will we see a large ramp up in staff numbers with a concerted push towards the Alpha MMO test phases or will it just be a more gradual buildup? I know it takes time to get people up to speed with the project and get them fitted in.

Anyone have thoughts for the future once the move is complete?

My hope is that the Intrepid team can get the 140 in house dev team up to strength within a few months and then up to speed with a concerted push towards Alpha testing the MMO next year. Here is to a trouble free move.
3KAqRIf.png
Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.

Comments

• VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is it wrong to be excited by the move into the new studio lol. One has to stay positive.
    3KAqRIf.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Varkun wrote: »
    Is it wrong to be excited by the move into the new studio lol. One has to stay positive.

yes it's now a crime to be positive
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »

yes it's now a crime to be positive

I hate positivity.
    wnF1kAQ.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
    But it keeps you young when you look forward to things in your life :D
    3KAqRIf.png
    But it keeps you young when you look forward to things in your life :D

And that's why it's illegal
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    lol

as there is no lol button :/
    3KAqRIf.png
    lol

to LoL is to be positive and to positive is crime
    nJ0vUSm.gif

lol

There already an established replacement on the forum: LoL-Button.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • richterrichter Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    I just want to play an mmo. If it is only to level 10 or doing the same dungeon over and over woot!
    richter wrote: »
    I just want to play an mmo. If it is only to level 10 or doing the same dungeon over and over woot!

Yes that is what every last one of us is here for but it just takes time. The alpha and beta test phases will come and go then launch this waiting will all just be a memory.

The move into the new studio is a positive though, no more double stacked desks room to move and expand ramp things up.

3KAqRIf.png
  • sidarthasidartha Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter

Will we see a large ramp up in staff numbers with a concerted push towards the Alpha MMO test phases or will it just be a more gradual buildup? I know it takes time to get people up to speed with the project and get them fitted in.

My hope is that the Intrepid team can get the 140 in house dev team up to strength within a few months and then up to speed with a concerted push towards Alpha testing the MMO next year. Here is to a trouble free move.

I dunno. Ask Star Citizen how much it helped their development time to move studios. For clarity...this is not a positive comment. You may now carry on your mindless positivity.
    sidartha wrote: »

I dunno. Ask Star Citizen how much it helped their development time to move studios. For clarity...this is not a positive comment. You may now carry on your mindless positivity.

mindless positivity is still a crime
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is being opposed to people who are opposed to positivity being positive or being doubly negative?

Hhak63P.png
    Atama wrote: »
    Is being opposed to people who are opposed to positivity being positive or being doubly negative?

I would say being positively negative
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Atama wrote: »

A double negatice makes a positive!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I prefer to be called negatively positive. Or is it positively negative?

Well, to be honest, I would rather be positively positive. That way, I can at least be happy about it.
    You don't have to be negative just positively critical.
    3KAqRIf.png