Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Boring or Not?

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
In my minds eye, AOC is a block lackluster for drama? On discord, I am become bored with members of names like LEX Delecto? So predictable - I am bored as S#!t. Tell me a story of evasiveness? No more White Knights, period. It will doom AOC. Karma says so.

Comments

• AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Are you bringing Discord drama here intentionally?

In my last D&D session a CG Dragonborn fighter sold the soul of his first born for Demonic Armor that gave him amazong bonuses. He is now CN. Ashes could do that..?

Same session the War Maiden (Cleric w/ War Domain, Tiamat) gave up her virginity to the same demon so he would turn her pug into a baby dragon. Maybe Ashes could do this for pet skins..?

If these stories interest you, let me know. I can go into more detail if you like.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2019
    Well... I do not really understand what you mean with "Tell me a story of evasiveness?".
    If you wanna know what I plan to do in Ashes? Help my new guild level a node, then find a small island node to call my home, begin life as a pirate, amass some kind of treasure (selfmade through jewelcrafting if needed), and then kill tons of raid bosses.

Create the first legendary trinket on my server, call it "Nagash's Phylactery", and make it give tons of strength and a passive holy shield.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Well... I do not really understand what you mean with "Tell me a story of evasiveness?".
    If you wanna know what I plan to do in Ashes? Help my new guild level a node, then find a small island node to call my home, begin life as a pirate, amass some kind of treasure (selfmade through jewelcrafting if needed), and then kill tons of raid bosses.

Create the first legendary trinket on my server, call it "Nagash's Phylactery", and make it give tons of strength and a passive holy shield.

sounds like my crown ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just don't give up your hand like last time...
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    IMO we don't need drama here.

We just need more info on the trains that are apparently going to be in Ashes now.
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I guess I am lost lol

I visit discord once a week for like 5minutes to see if any new info released then I dip out. There are too many people who spend an absurd amount of time in discord.

What's this about trains?
    Makinoji wrote: »
    I guess I am lost lol

I visit discord once a week for like 5minutes to see if any new info released then I dip out. There are too many people who spend an absurd amount of time in discord.

Twain wun on twacks
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Makinoji wrote: »
    I guess I am lost lol
    We're still trying to figure this part out, this is why we don't need drama here!
    Just don't give up your hand like last time...

to be fair it was chopped off with a warpstone sword
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• No more White Knights, period.

I like the White Knights, they are hilarious.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
    ferryman wrote: »
    No more White Knights, period.

I find them a good fight
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Nagash wrote: »

I find them a good fight

I find them a good snack.
    a6XEiIf.gif

I find them a good fight

I need to know whats under your amour now
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »

I find them a good fight

Oh my, this is getting nasty. ;)
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?

I find them a good fight

I think he is an armour mimic
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited October 2019

I find them a good fight

Me? Why, i am Damokles of course! I come for Kings and Beggars, none is save from the Sword of Damokles. I reap, and reap, and reap. I do not sleep, i do not falter, i do. Not. Miss.

I am a living armour, made to punish and take all life on the surface. Constructed by the best Tulnar jewelcrafters and blacksmiths, Tulnar inscriptions fuel my might and Tulnar spells bind my spirit. "Punish the traitors, destroy all traces of corruption!", they said. "Show no mercy!", they said. And when I had slit their corrupted throats I told them that I would show no mercy. To no one.

If i had to describe myself, then I would have to say that i am an artificial soulconstruct, moddled after my prime inventor, with the main directives to destroy corrupted beings.
    a6XEiIf.gif

I find them a good fight

Me? Why, i am Damokles of course! I come for Kings and Beggars, none is save from the Sword of Damokles. I reap, and reap, and reap. I do not sleep, i do not falter, i do. Not. Miss.

I am a living armour, made to punish and take all life on the surface. Constructed by the best Tulnar jewelcrafters and blacksmiths, Tulnar inscriptions fuel my might and Tulnar spells bind my spirit. "Punish the traitors, destroy all traces of corruption!", they said. "Show no mercy!", they said. And when I had slit their corrupted throats I told them that I would show no mercy. To no one.

If i had to describe myself, then I would have to say that i am an artificial soulconstruct, moddled after my prime inventor, with the main directives to destroy corrupted beings.

7ec4722e05f31807116297261cc76932.png
    9KYeqmJ.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

I find them a good fight

9KYeqmJ.jpg

That would be one of my corrupted brothers-in-arms.
    a6XEiIf.gif

I find them a good fight

9KYeqmJ.jpg

sure thats like saying sans is my pure brother
    nJ0vUSm.gif

I find them a good fight

9KYeqmJ.jpg

sure thats like saying sans is my pure brother

Monster_img_18.png
    a6XEiIf.gif
    I like White Knights. Although the ones pledged to follow me are wearing a different type of White Coat. One with a lot of straps that restricts movement, for their safety and that of others.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    Azathoth wrote: »
    I like White Knights. Although the ones pledged to follow me are wearing a different type of White Coat. One with a lot of straps that restricts movement, for their safety and that of others.

Every time someone mentions White Knights, i have to think about the White Mantle in GW1. They were a fanatical order, that sacrificed people to their god. Those missions were always fun. XD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • In my past D&D group we learned it wasn't a good idea, after the fact, to chop the fingers off the mummified "hand of vecna" and smoke them like cigars...
    Shoklen wrote: »
    In my past D&D group we learned it wasn't a good idea, after the fact, to chop the fingers off the mummified "hand of vecna" and smoke them like cigars...

Did you freeze your lungs or something? XD
    a6XEiIf.gif
    In the last D&D game we finished my character replaced his hand and eyeball with that of Vecna's. The druid did the dirty work and healed my up afterwards. Then the slow climb to full Lichdom from level 15-20. My DM altered the abilities of said items and added a slow progression to transform in a Lich from levels 15 - 20.

Then my character, which was a wizard always in full plate inherited a kingdom. He made efforts to have a baby boy at level 15. Every time a son produced a viable heir to the thrown my character would kill off the current king and replace them in a tradition of passing down the armor. Ruled that kingdom for a long time...
    edited November 2019
    Azathoth wrote: »
    In the last D&D game we finished my character replaced his hand and eyeball with that of Vecna's. The druid did the dirty work and healed my up afterwards. Then the slow climb to full Lichdom from level 15-20. My DM altered the abilities of said items and added a slow progression to transform in a Lich from levels 15 - 20.

Then my character, which was a wizard always in full plate inherited a kingdom. He made efforts to have a baby boy at level 15. Every time a son produced a viable heir to the thrown my character would kill off the current king and replace them in a tradition of passing down the armor. Ruled that kingdom for a long time...

One of my GMs once used such a setting for one of his grand homebrew campaigns...
    We all roled up with our strongest characters (mine was around 2 years old), my evocation wizard fully decked out with a custom staff of the magi, a luck blade and a robe of an archmage as the magical heavy hitter and waymaker, a lvl 20 cleric paladin of life, lvl 20 champion, lvl 20 ranger/champion and a lvl 20 ranger/rogue.

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO ACTUALLY BURN LIVING ARMOUR THAT ACCUMULATED 500 YEARS OF POWER?!? We spent nearly 30 sessions until we even reached the boss.
    That mfcker bound a terrasque somehow and used it as a battery. We had to kill it and everything else in the near vicinity with a dimensional bomb.

(If you need to know what that is: bind a handy haversack on your target and then drop a bag of holding into it with mage hand, you open a portal to the astral plane that sucks in everything in a 10feet radius around it and randomly teleports it somewhere. We basically teleported its head away from its body.)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I will wrestle you naked Skruntabulous
    Aq0KG2f.png