Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What current planned feature or game design choice are you least happy with? (MMO)

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
AoC is an MMO with the goal of having tons of content for tons of different people. Is there a game design choice, feature or system that you currently don't like or hate? Something that you are worried about?

Comments

• AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Embers. I don't think they are necessary and I think they can use them as another slippery slope.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No undead as a race
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    The word "Gods" and "marriage" in same-gender marriage system, I guess?

...I don't like this corrupt English community seen mainly in social medias from nobodies/anonymous users...

Nice. Super cool.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not enough information about Tulnar.

Not enough information about classes (rogues, summoners, bards, fighter)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • - Some of the class names.
    - Generic races.
    - Too restrictive Artisan system.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am mostly afraid most classes (out of the 64) will be too generic.
  • Marzzo wrote: »

I am a little bit concerned too, but at the same time interested to see how this primary/secondary class system works out.

My afraid is that those secondary class augments will be too cosmetic and does not have enough impact to actually feel different. i.e. that charge ability (what is used as an example), when augment with mage's blink you will not run your target, but instead teleport... vow..? Or more like who cares.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ferryman wrote: »
    Marzzo wrote: »

I am a little bit concerned too, but at the same time interested to see how this primary/secondary class system works out.

My afraid is that those secondary class augments will be too cosmetic and does not have enough impact to actually feel different. i.e. that charge ability (what is used as an example), when augment with mage's blink you will not run your target, but instead teleport... vow..? Or more like who cares.

Well, if I were to do it I would do it like this (Ignore names haha):

Fighter/Fighter (Uses rage/focus as a resource, deals more dmg the more he saves up):
    Charge=Gives resources and snares the enemy for 1 sec
    Strike=Hits the enemy with your axe
    Bleed=Puts a bleed on the target
    Cleave= Strike all enemies in front of you
    CC ability= Slows the target by 50% for 5 seconds, meele range
    Cooldown ability: Increases crit chance by some amount

Fighter/Mage (uses mana as a resource, deals more damage the lower the health is):
    Magic Charge=Magically fly forward, breaking all snares
    Elemental Strike= Longer range than Strike and does magic damage
    Lightning bleed= Deals damage, makes the enemy attack slower and move slower
    Fire cleave: Jumps up and does an AOE fire smash on the ground around the character
    Magic Slow aoe: spins around and deals frost damage around him, slowing stuff
    Cooldown ability: Imbue yourself with power, making all your abilities deal cleave and magic damage

Obviously they would have more abilities but these are just examples of how the secondary class could change the main abilities of the fighter

This would basically be two different classes.
    One would be a single target heavy meele character.
    The other one would be some form of elemetal medium ranged aoe fighter.

I hope it is something like this and not just "skins" on abilities

• We do not have much information about any features. Especially the what are important. We know almost nothing about classes, only their name. We know nothing about raids. We have only some hints regarding the crafting system. So I think this question is too early.
    Regarding the information we have my biggest issue is with the automatic vassal system. Why automatic why should not defeat the other node to make them vassal. If it is automatic why the can't rebel and attack the leader node. Maybe if we can see the whole system this would be OK, but currently I do not like it.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Instanced content:
    BGs for PvP
    Dungeons and Raids for PvE.

I also dont like the endgame concept. "The game begins once you reach max lv"
  • ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Steven doesn't like this either.
  • ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What am I worried about...?

Hm, guess action not coming out right? Or pure melee being at a disadvantage, like it is in APOC. The root animations make evasion incredibly difficult to do reactively, forcing players to trade. In this realm, ranged has an advantage due to no root while firing. Players with ranged weapons can back pedal while firing, and yes, they take some hits from the melee player, but they ultimately back pedal faster than the attacks step forward, so melee has to consume more stamina to keep the gap closed while ranged consumes none. It's also easy to hit a target moving in a straight line towards you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF92wKNV8vE

This one exchange highlights the issue with range v melee dynamic. The enemy has 35 armor while I have 55, the enemy is using the shortbow, which is middle DPS for ranged weapons while I have the mace, which is highest DPS for melee. You can see root animations not only make me a sitting target, the enemy also leaves my range by the end of the chain just by back pedaling.

If melee attacks had a snare or free movement, this exchange would have heavily favored melee.

The Greatsword of Haste is also lacklustre because of the root, since the speed boost is moot while swinging, unlike how it was a year ago.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yep, but...
    That is not a planned concept in the Ashes game design.

• Tsukasa wrote: »
    The word "Gods" and "marriage" in same-gender marriage system, I guess?

Not only do I find them inappropriate, but also kills the chances of my region in getting its own server due to censorship, most likely.
    I want a server not only for ping but also due to large cultural gap. I don't like this corrupt English community seen mainly in social medias from nobodies/anonymous users but Intrepid are doing their best to keep the toxicity under control when it involves Ashes(thanks Intrepid <3). I'll have to deal with it and do what I can to make friends...

Overall not really that big of a deal to be unhappy.

Ok boomer

• FathymFathym Member
    edited November 2019
    The fact that they are trying to create a best of all worlds combination tab targeting/action combat system that can be altered based on the player's preference while also being balanced for pvp. When they first announced this decision, I was skeptical but hopeful. The idea in theory sounded absolutely fantastic but as I thought about the monumental difficulties in creating a system like this I started to wonder if it would severely set back their development time since a combat system of this breadth and scale would take just about the same amount of time to create effectively as the rest of the game. This was almost a year ago. Now, after seeing Apoc come out, deadlines constantly pushed back farther and farther as they attempt to create the unfeasibly perfect combat system that they promised, and even microtransactions added to Apoc (most likely to help fund the costs for their ever increasing development time), I truly believe that this was a mistake that might cost us the game.

TLDR: Some times when you try to reinvent the wheel, you just end up making a shitty wheel.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It is not the combat that has delayed things. It was a back end networking issue that has.

We are still testing the combat, and will probably continue until launch. That way, hopefully, the combat will feel balanced and smooth for all of us.
    We haven't even seen the hybrid combat and you are already blaming it?
    It is not the combat that has delayed things. It was a back end networking issue that has.

We are still testing the combat, and will probably continue until launch. That way, hopefully, the combat will feel balanced and smooth for all of us.

The undead gamer form Canada has spoken
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • You can summon Nagash by just uttering the word "undead".
    Undead.
    image.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Lots of things are delayed that have nothing to do with combat or back end networking.
    Neither of those are responsible for the delays of the Divine Nodes article or the Nodes 3 video or only Humans being available in the BR or the lackluster character creation options in the BR.
    It will be a miracle if Ashes launches before 2021... not that we have that as an official goal, but... that’s just based on assets and features that have nothing to do with combat or networking.

I was simply responding to a post that alluded to combat being the reason for the delay...