Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

World event ideas. (Like huge dragon spawning)

BluehBlueh Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
There will be events like a giant dragon spawning in a node, and other such events. Do you guys have some cool ideas of other things like it that?

"Pocket dimenson/Dimensonal crack"
I have always like the idea in cultivator books, imagine a portal opening up to a pocket world without a loading screen ofc you can see into the portal would look really cool. The pocket realm would be open for a week or a weekend max and it should be kinda rare like 2-3 times a month max.

In the pocket world there will be full pvp all the time and 3-5 control points that give you points while you hold them. This is for guilds to compete over and the winner with the most points get some item rewards like materials and stuff. Also in this pocket realm there will be an abundance of mats to gather and some good Pve mobs to farm. This will make it a limited "hardcore" objective that top guilds/players can compete over.

I kind of imagine top guilds traveling from across the world to this objective bringing caravans and setting up small bases outside of it just to be able to send in their members in top shape. This will also give smaller guilds chances to ambush the caravans going back and forth from the portal with materials that have been collected or even act as mercenaries inside the portal.

I know its not a super thought trough idea but i kinda like it. Any of you guys got something u always wanted to see?

Inb4 nagash comes and asks for a event where u siege small towns and turn them into an undead army.

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You know me so well
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think we once had some comments about such a thing.

My favourites:
    Elemental Invasion - volcano erupts because a giant fire elemental awakes, ruines some nodes and people have to band together. A few dungeons with the fire elemental theme and a final raid where you defeat the boss elemental etc. A giant tsunami wrecks island nodes, and people have to combat hordes of undead water elemental controled sailors.

Dragon! - a ginourmous dragon attacks with his welps and other progeny. All nodes are effected and people have the rare chance to get dragon materials etc.

Ice Age - A frost elemental casts a spell, leading to the beginning of a giant ice age. People have to complete questslines and repeatable quests to combat its advance.

Zombie Outbreak - Do you remember the WotLK introduction events from WoW? A plague breaks out in some swamp, people can infect each other, and have to complete questlines to cure themselves and to become immune. Those that became immune can then begin the search for the cause of the outbreak and possible further cures in chains of dungeons and raids culmenating in one final raid at the end of the event, where they fight against zombie servants of some old god or something.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2019
    All the toilets are clogged in the city, and only you, with the Plunger of Truth can save the day.
    Aq0KG2f.png
    Karthos wrote: »
    All the toilets are clogged in the city, and only you, with the Plunger of Truth can save the day.

time to grab some mushrooms and save the princess again
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Karthos wrote: »

LoL-Button
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • nefelianefelia Member, Intrepid Pack
    Unless things have changed drastically in the last year, the goal is to have a player-driven world. I'm not sure that having volcanoes or tsunami arbitrarily destroy nodes would be compatible with that vision.

That said, I do like the idea of regional elemental gods adding elements (pun intended) of risk, challenge, and reward to the surrounding landscape.

The Dragon invasion idea is also something that is likely better handled on a regional scale. The surrounding nodes would suffer the burden of regular - and possibly crippling - raids by dragon whelps. But they would also have the opportunity to harvest rare ingredients and have easy access to local dungeons and raids once the node has developed enough or met whatever requirements were set by the devs.

As for global events, I could see something like:
    - a close brush by a comet has deposited rare (or even unique) materials with interesting applications for crafting. Gather them before someone else does.
    - a botched summoning spell by a deranged cult has had unintended consequences. All level one mobs throughout the world have been infected and will be rapidly mutating into horrific abominations unless culled. Kill them while they are still manageable.
    - a strange celestial event (cosmic ray burst, not that the people of Verra would know what those are) has caused a prolonged period of heavy rainfall. Rivers are starting to overflow, and dams are being overburdened. No idea how to make this a interesting event, but I'm sure someone else can come up with some ideas.

There are likely enough deranged cults, insane archmages, and megalomaniac elemental lords to make botched (or even successful) global spells are semi-regular feature. Might even encourage players to go out and hunt these pests down.
    edited November 2019
    @nefelia
    The river idea could be like this:
    The rising rivers have caused oceanic beasts to swim up the river banks.

This would allow nodes further inwards, that are landlocked to harvest possibly expensive materials for a short time.

Another idea:
    An ancient earth elemental has awakened in the mountain range, unearthing precious minerals and jewels. But beware, it also caused the otherearth elementals to awaken!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Damokles wrote: »
    @nefelia
    The river idea could be like this:
    The rising rivers have caused oceanic beasts to swim up the river banks.

This would allow nodes further inwards, that are landlocked to harvest possibly expensive materials for a short time.

I can imagine the opposite of this as well. A stone giant built a gate and the river will dry out soon. Or an ice-lover being froze source of the river what cause the same thing.
    I want to see an event on the same scall as the end time in Warhammer, of course, you would have to do it after many years
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• BluehBlueh Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Most of these ideas are kinda cool.
    But i like the idea of putting in guild pvp objectives that makes them more competitive, but im a pvp freak.

The WoTLK pre launch event was really nice one of the best in wow. Also i like the idea that if 1 node failes to contain it that it spreads more and more to other towns like a devouring swarm murdering turning everything growing in power and size.
    Nagash wrote: »
    I want to see an event on the same scall as the end time in Warhammer, of course, you would have to do it after many years

ITS A TULNARTIDE!

AoSFFSkaven-May26-Art6ej.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • BluehBlueh Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    The best is to bathe in the blood of thy enemy, while their women and children flee in terror.
    Also its better drama and salt-mining killing other players.
  • nefelianefelia Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nagash wrote: »

The most interesting thing about serious global challenges is the different results we would see depending on how each server handled the threat.

It would be awesome to see some servers thriving after having successfully foiled a planar invasion, some others rebuild after a hard-fought resistance and others still rallying to overthrow their new planar overlords.
    Blueh wrote: »
    The best is to bathe in the blood of thy enemy, while their women and children flee in terror.
    Also its better drama and salt-mining killing other players.

Blood for the bloodgod, skulls for the skullthrone!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My idea was the best
    Aq0KG2f.png