Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Servant of the Damned - Creation of the Cursed Charger

Yula sought a means to bend the wills of ordinary creatures. Numerous experiments yielded little fruit, and in her growing frustration, she began resorting to darker energies as a conduit...

Read on, and check out our creation video for the Cursed Charger: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-11-07-servant-of-the-damned

https://youtu.be/Ctc0hb0oYpo
marketing.gif

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I love everything but the face
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • FreezmanFreezman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

I particularly dislike the ears. The cat face just doesn't fit with whatever those ears are.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Freezman wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

I particularly dislike the ears. The cat face just doesn't fit with whatever those ears are.

agreed
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The charger looks cool but honestly I am ooohing and aaarring at the world they are moving through. :)
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Great job Intrepid! This looks amazing. Love the animations for it ^^
    [img][/img]
  • nibiru97nibiru97 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If this was taken from the actual map, that landscape is coming out really nice.
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Dang you Yula! Leave Earth alone!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Aardwolf. Yes, that's it's real name.

https://youtu.be/wNxJnT7t0tE
    fNX2ISa.png

• VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Love the environment and the number of idle poses. Great animation, good job guys!
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2019
    nibiru97 wrote: »
    If this was taken from the actual map, that landscape is coming out really nice.

I was wondering the same thing. Looking at this image I can't help but try to imagine it in the summer and what the valley below would look like with my freehold in it.

CvjPJm3.png

PS. this image has gone straight onto my desktop background.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
    I would like my freehold right here so I can overlook the valley.
    fNX2ISa.png

• T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    sunfrog wrote: »
    Dang you Yula! Leave Earth alone!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Aardwolf. Yes, that's it's real name.

https://youtu.be/wNxJnT7t0tE

The pups are sooooo cute!! Hope Intrepid makes one a pet in game.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• I am okay with the head, but I have a problem with the claws. It may just be my nit-picking, but the claws do not match the streamlined, feline, aesthetic of the creature. Given the short video it appears the creature is a hunter predator similar in nature to the Earth Cheetah (it was able to run down the deer-like creatures, instead of ambush them). The size and shape of the claws appear too big for the chase, they are more reminiscent of a rhinoceros claws. So, I think my only criticism is the claws themselves, all the other aesthetics work - even the supremely long tail is accurate because it would need to use the tail for balance when suddenly changing direction during the chase.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The ears and the claws are the issue for me. Too much like dog ears and claws (almost like they made the entire fingers into claws) to match the feline look.

Other than that the animations look nice, and the landscape fantastic. I agree that would be a wonderful place to put a freehold, but I wouldn't want them as my neighbours.
    Cursed or First?
    fNX2ISa.png

• This needs to be in horde mode with goblins riding them to battle or something.

Also goblin meat shields should be implemented for the you know eye cand- i mean to make players feel heroic for saving damsels in distress
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Dayuhan wrote: »
    I am okay with the head, but I have a problem with the claws. It may just be my nit-picking, but the claws do not match the streamlined, feline, aesthetic of the creature. Given the short video it appears the creature is a hunter predator similar in nature to the Earth Cheetah (it was able to run down the deer-like creatures, instead of ambush them). The size and shape of the claws appear too big for the chase, they are more reminiscent of a rhinoceros claws. So, I think my only criticism is the claws themselves, all the other aesthetics work - even the supremely long tail is accurate because it would need to use the tail for balance when suddenly changing direction during the chase.

Nit-picking? Oh, no worries. Not in the slightest. I would know, if so. :) *wink*
    You are on point with all you said, I'd say. 100% Agree.