Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Is Ashes of Creation kid friendly?

sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
So YouTube did a COPPA thing that will affect all content creators. Is Ashes kid friendly?
I mean the entire game is about killing people and looting their dead bodies but...
there's no blood. lol.
fNX2ISa.png

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven has said multiple times that they want to shoot for a "T" rating in the US. Whether they achieve that is a different issue.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ^what unknown sayd

found the quote:
    Q: What game rating are you waiting for and will there be tasteful nudity?
    A: We’re going for a Teen rating. We dont want to push it to mature. There wont be tasteful nudity, its not the goal. There will be sensualized atmospheres in the game, but no direct nudity.
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Ashes being kid friendly or not has nothing to do with the criteria for YouTube videos to be targeted towards children.

The YouTube list is pretty self-explanatory.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Jahlon wrote: »
    Ashes being kid friendly or not has nothing to do with the criteria for YouTube videos to be targeted towards children.

This is what I'm talking about. I know the game is rated T-for teen, but are my videos made for kids? Kids play video games but Ashes is not Luigi's Mansion. This is what confuses me. Is everything in the gaming category aimed at kids is what I should have asked. Or will Youtube go by the game's ratings system?

fNX2ISa.png

• JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    sunfrog wrote: »
    Jahlon wrote: »

This is what I'm talking about. I know the game is rated T-for teen, but are my videos made for kids? Kids play video games but Ashes is not Luigi's Mansion. This is what confuses me. Is everything in the gaming category aimed at kids is what I should have asked. Or will Youtube go by the game's ratings system?

I suggest you go back and re-read the literature that YouTube put out. Game rating isn't on it.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101