Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Is The Fighter Greatsword a GREATsword or a regular blade???

desoquaddubdesoquaddub Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Thoughts?

Comments

• Regular blade. Skill over size. Too big and you're overcompensating for something else.
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • desoquaddubdesoquaddub Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    from the fighter image they posted a few months ago that looks like a stick the scaling needs to be bigger or just remove greatswords from the game entirely
  • VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You’re asking for too much information. We don’t know and it’s impossible to speculate based on what they’ve given us. They have barely released any information about 4 of their classes (fighter included).
    ive seen the fighter concept n it was disappointing
    i already have a good grasp on how the rest classes weapons are going to be the problem is if your going to call it a greatsword make it look like one or just call it a blade tbh

What have you seen? A picture? A picture gave you enough information about a class in a MMORPG to disappoint you? Haha
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    vmangman wrote: »

What have you seen? A picture? A picture gave you enough information about a class in a MMORPG to disappoint you? Haha

+100

Hhak63P.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Does anyone have the picture? I dont really know what you are all talking about...
    2. You are also talking as if every class had this one specific weapon... Every class can use every weapon!
    3. It could always be the fact that it is a skill for a one handed sword, which empowers its attack.

We already know how greatswords will look like for the most part: go to Apocalypse and find a Greatsword of Haste... It is a bit smaller then the typical "greatsword" from other mmorpgs, but that is because those other greatswords are not really greatswords, but rather sword sized clubs.
    The art stile for ashes of creation weapons is supposed to look at least a bit like a real weapon (ignoring the adornments).
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »
    1. Does anyone have the picture? I dont really know what you are all talking about...
    2. You are also talking as if every class had this one specific weapon... Every class can use every weapon!
    3. It could always be the fact that it is a skill for a one handed sword, which empowers its attack.

We already know how greatswords will look like for the most part: go to Apocalypse and find a Greatsword of Haste... It is a bit smaller then the typical "greatsword" from other mmorpgs, but that is because those other greatswords are not really greatswords, but rather sword sized clubs.
    The art stile for ashes of creation weapons is supposed to look at least a bit like a real weapon (ignoring the adornments).

This is the picture Intrepid revealed a while ago:
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ashesofcreation/images/f/f4/Fighter.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170515000244
    Or
    https://ashesofcreation.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/fighter.jpg

You can also just look up Ashes of Creation Fighter and it’ll come up.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ashesofcreation/images/f/f4/Fighter.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170515000244
    Or

Okay, thanks!

Now: that is totally a onehanded sword. The grip is not long enough to be a twohander. I think that he was mid animation into a twohanded overhead swing (a weaponskill most likely).
    Dont forget that Fighters dont rely on twohanded weapons. I imagine them like the D&D fighters. Extremely focused on straight up fighting all kinds of enemies with all weapons imaginable in melee or at range.

What we want the Fighter warrior to do is to be able to cut through enemy lines, get to the support area of a raid perhaps and take out healers with some quick DPS burst damage. We want them to be masters of different weapons. We want them to be able to be versatile in whether or not they want to be a ranged fighter or melee one. It's going to be up to the player. – Steven Sharif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'm not sure how this thread exists.

Did the OP assume the weapon shown in the concept art was the only weapon the fighter could use?

I mean, if that was an assumption, maybe the OP should read about the game rather than just looking at pictures.
    Atama wrote: »

+100

it seems you havent watch all they streams it was on them earlier streams on twitch before Margaret was even hired lol you back to the hole you came from

Or

Okay, thanks!

Now: that is totally a onehanded sword. The grip is not long enough to be a twohander. I think that he was mid animation into a twohanded overhead swing (a weaponskill most likely).
    Dont forget that Fighters dont rely on twohanded weapons. I imagine them like the D&D fighters. Extremely focused on straight up fighting all kinds of enemies with all weapons imaginable in melee or at range.

What we want the Fighter warrior to do is to be able to cut through enemy lines, get to the support area of a raid perhaps and take out healers with some quick DPS burst damage. We want them to be masters of different weapons. We want them to be able to be versatile in whether or not they want to be a ranged fighter or melee one. It's going to be up to the player. – Steven Sharif

now heres someone who pay attention ask one of them braver of worlds to give you there account
    noaani wrote: »

Did the OP assume the weapon shown in the concept art was the only weapon the fighter could use?

I mean, if that was an assumption, maybe the OP should read about the game rather than just looking at pictures.

its the only weapon that matters

There will be hundreds, if not thousands of weapons in Ashes.

Even if the weapon in that picture has been labeled a greatsword (which is unlikely) there will be AT LEAST dozens of other greatsword models.

So no, that weapon in that picture is by no means the only one that matters.

There will be hundreds, if not thousands of weapons in Ashes.

Even if the weapon in that picture has been labeled a greatsword (which is unlikely) there will be AT LEAST dozens of other greatsword models.

So no, that weapon in that picture is by no means the only one that matters.

you sound like a magic dps user

you sound like a magic dps user
    Why?

Because I am aware that there are multiple variants of each weapon type in literally every MMO?
    Pro tip; that isn't magic, it's brains.

+100

it seems you havent watch all they streams it was on them earlier streams on twitch before Margaret was even hired lol you back to the hole you came from

Please give us a link to this stream that shows all of the info on the fighter class.

Hhak63P.png
    my guy intrepid didnt upload that one to youtube thats gone forever i had the picture somewhere i gotta find it
    my guy intrepid didnt upload that one to youtube thats gone forever i had the picture somewhere i gotta find it
    So it only exists in your head.

Hhak63P.png
    I'll wait.
    This could be interesting.

you can tell you only just started to show interest in aoc in late 2019
    edited November 2019

@desoquaddub
    17 comments , first was yesterday.
    @Atama
    369 comments, first post was April 12th, in a thread about people that came over from the old forums.
    Okay i have to intervene now.
    1. The ONLY classes that we have really detailed information about are: Tank, Cleric, Ranger, Mage.
    Detailed in this context means, that we know rough skill descriptions and abilities from old streams. The other classes are only described in the simplest of gamedesign choices.
    2. There are only 21 different weapons that we currently know of. 1handed swords/axes/maces, 2handed swords/axes/maces, spears, lances, polearms, daggers, clubs, shields, staves, wands, zepters, orbs, spellbooks, crossbows, longbows, shortbows and potion throwers.
    3. Everyone knows that SPEARS AND POLEARMS are the best weapons!
    a6XEiIf.gif

@desoquaddub
    @Atama
    369 comments, first post was April 12th, in a thread about people that came over from the old forums.

lol that what your basing interest on lol i apparently have a life that involves me working 70 hours a week time is money. since you got time to no life your soul on a forum lol at least i kept up with the streams n information to know they release concept art for the fighter rofl ok keyboard warrior do your 369 comments lol lol lol lol lol.
    you probably one of them summer backers that on the braver of worlds by accident

@desoquaddub
    @Atama

lol that what your basing interest on lol i apparently have a life that involves me working 70 hours a week time is money. since you got time to no life your soul on a forum lol at least i kept up with the streams n information to know they release concept art for the fighter rofl ok keyboard warrior do your 369 comments lol lol lol lol lol.
    you probably one of them summer backers that on the braver of worlds by accident

OP is legit a 12 year old who found the internet. Hahaha
    edited November 2019

I was an original backer of the Kickstarter and very active on the original forums. (Original original forums, technically this is the third iteration.) The old-timers around here know me.

You’re a troll making things up, who also has poor communication skills.

I have nothing to prove to you. You’re as relevant as static on a radio.

Hhak63P.png