Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Uniforms (guild cosmetics)

So, watching the latest livestream it comes to my attention that we will be able to put a "default" appearance for the other players and NPC so our potatoes can run smoothly during big sieges and battles, then i was watching, again, SAO. and this idea comes to my mind, just like the armies in LOTR or in some other fantasy themed movies, games, etc, would´t it be nice to give the guild the chance to have their own uniform, something like the tabard in wow but taking it to other level, to me sounds really cool if all the Verran Trading Company where using some kind of coat with the sigil or The Ashen Scythes wearing the same red and black armor (just to say some examples), of course all of this being something optional for the members :#
giphy.gif

Comments

• JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Unfortunately this defeats the point of default player appearance.

You would reduce the strain on the computers, but you wouldn't reduce it as much as blue vs red for friends and enemies.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Jahlon wrote: »
    Unfortunately this defeats the point of default player appearance.

You would reduce the strain on the computers, but you wouldn't reduce it as much as blue vs red for friends and enemies.

oh, of course, I didn´t mean to say lets put uniforms instead of the default option, the default option is perfect for the sieges and big scale battles, the uniforms are maybe more for guild members to use inside a node or maybe in a dungeon but mostly i think the trait could fit in the inmersion/role play category :#
    giphy.gif
  • xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I thought we could receive guild designed cloaks... Wasn't that a KS reward or something everyone could get? I might be remembering wrong here
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I thought we could receive guild designed cloaks... Wasn't that a KS reward or something everyone could get? I might be remembering wrong here

Yes there are Guild cloaks that are a KS reward.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I really like the guild tabards from wow.
    Intrepid once said something about attachements, those would be cool if they could show at least a little symbol of your guild.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • This might be difficult to accomplish given the guilds are forming and re-forming since KS all the way until years after the game is released. There would need to be some time of alternate program designed for guilds, not a built-in one because the Devs would need to take time off to update this inventory depending on the change/rise/fall of old/new/and upcoming guilds, which changes all the time.
  • I like the idea of this guild uniform, but maybe a better one would be guild flag. A class that could be a flag bearer to show the guild's "colors" on the battlefield would be even better. Imagine a cavalry charge with the flags. It would be fucking epic !
  • qurionqurion Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If nothing else, they should really let us keep a "guild uniform" costume or similar outfit for e.g. sieges where they strip away the usual cosmetic looks. At least let us look like soldiers in an occupying or defending force!
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    qurion wrote: »
    If nothing else, they should really let us keep a "guild uniform" costume or similar outfit for e.g. sieges where they strip away the usual cosmetic looks. At least let us look like soldiers in an occupying or defending force!
    That sounds cool for sieges.

Hhak63P.png
  • qurion wrote: »
    Seconded. This is an excellent notion.
  • PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I agree i love the idea of battle ready uniforms. That be awsome!!!!
  • qurionqurion Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    qurion wrote: »

Come to think about it, this solution will also be preformance-friendly, with fewer different armor pieces to render, e.g. a guild might for example have a officer, cloth, leather and a heavy battle outfit - that is a total of 4 armor sets per player army. This is a gross oversimplification, but as I see it it's way better than having a bunch of players running around in random generic mix-matched armor.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I just want to see guild banners being held into battle
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace