Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Q&A suggestion

we were talking about it in discord thought i might put it up here for further discussion, a few of us noted how much the camera "switched" in the first podcast it was pretty insane at times.

One thought we had for Q&A's is a 360view camera at a round table type setup, that would make the viewer feel like they are apart of the conversation and have a more natural feel to the Q&A.

plus itll be cool....

Comments

• Can such a video be set up to pan to the speaker automaticly? Otherwise im kinda against it, I don't want to have to "work" under the Q&A, just sit back and enjoy it :)
  • [quote quote=1918]Can such a video be set up to pan to the speaker automaticly? Otherwise im kinda against it, I don’t want to have to “work” under the Q&A, just sit back and enjoy it

[/quote]

Not 100% sure
  • I accidentally created a new discord account while I already had one so I can't claim my discord account I posted the questions with.
    Only had the option to retrieve my first account.only want 1 account too lol so if i have future questions i'll post them with my initial account.They questions I posted however might disappear with the unclaimed account ,so i'll post them here as well:

questions about housing:
    As you try to specialize your land and maximize your profits,in which ways does "choosing wisely" implies that other players can affect your land?
    Would they be able to destroy your land directly or is there subtle & indirect competition involved for profits?

Question about questing:
    Will there be neutral parties in between the political rivals competing with the server quests,for players that do no care about (the current ongoing) politics at all?
    Like could they support a neutral-side (like druids) if they want neither of the 2 powers to decide the fate of the world?

Questions about pvp:
    Do you plan to make pvp more skill-based in your game? Really dislike it in games where pvp is gear-based
    Instead of having static pvp zones,what do you think about any unstable node having the potential to become pvp battleground?
    so 100 procent of the game world becomes potential battleground and pvp players get the chance to enjoy each of the areas ingame as their battleground at some point
  • Side note, but it's possible this is the camera being used (which is very cool!)

https://getmevo.com

Or something similar that I'm unaware of.

I was really impressed at how there were several shots because that's typically a multi-camera setup (and maybe it was) but due to the switching you guys mention, it felt more like it was live-edited automatically. I think it was remarkably good considering that!

Maybe there's a way to tune the behavior of the auto-switching a bit?

But again when you consider the level of quality and professionalism from a typical gaming studio community live stream, and Intrepid is so small with limited funds, it was a very good production!

Edit: Here's a show shot in 360 degrees.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5fbdgVzDHo
  • @Lethality yeah i think having that sorta setup would be sweet as a q&a, and yeah they are a small studio, but they dream BIG!
  • The only thing about the Q&A that bothered me, was the fact that the camera switched so frequently. I do however look forward to them making more specific Q&A's that touches upon the different aspects of the game. I talked to Steven about this and he said the folllowing..

Q: "Hey Steven, when you guys uploaded your Q&A, I became rather curious as to if you'll be making more specific Q&A's, where you talk about certain aspects of the game. Is that going to happen any time soon?"

A: "Yes it will :grin: our next Q&A will be happening within next week"

So not only are we going to get specific Q&A's, but it should be sometime next week. :)
  • Yeah it was pretty insane at the start

YAY! i was currious to know when the next q&a was! thanks @BraneGames
  • Q's:
    'Holy trinity?' & (-What available classes are there atm?)
    Level cap?
    Tax-free trading between players?
    How does the individual craft / gather skilltree's compare to... for example runescape's woodcutting / mining etc?
    Can we fish ingame?
  • [quote quote=2344]Q’s:
    ‘Holy trinity?’ & (-What available classes are there atm?)
    Level cap?
    Tax-free trading between players?
    How does the individual craft / gather skilltree’s compare to… for example runescape’s woodcutting / mining etc?
    Can we fish ingame?

[/quote]

When players start the game, they will be able to choose from 8 separate Archetypes. These archetypes represent the staple fantasy classes; Fighter, Tank, Rogue, Ranger, Mage, Summoner, Cleric, Bard. As the player progresses vertically with their primary class, they will have the opportunity to add a second class. This second class will be chosen again from the 8 archetypes, and will follow more of a horizontal progression.

as for the others we dont have much information regarding those :)