Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 11AM PST

Comments

• sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited January 2020
    Will you guys bring back the snow flurries? I liked it when I couldn't see because of the snow. It added realism to the game.
    fNX2ISa.png

• How will you make quests feel less like 'work' and more as something to look forward to?
  • ashrahmashrahm Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2020
    I know there was a road map previously that outlined projected milestones. However with some challenges that was not met. Will there be a 2020 road map that players can look forward too?
  • Can we get the date for the closest Alpha test?
  • munstervanmunstervan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Regarding the PvP flagging system, are players able to repeatedly attack non-combatants until they reach low health (but not kill them) and receive no corruption for doing so?
  • AhsokaTanoAhsokaTano Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ETA on one of or both the remaining Know Your Nodes (Divine and Military)
    x75zturis6k01.jpg

Ahsoka, out
  • eibtecheibtech Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hello Intrepid! Hammerthorne here from Death Gaming! Could we possibly get a 2020 timeline, preferably solid. Thank you so much for your attention!

-H
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How do y'all feel about the concept of a rotational meta, where balance changes are made aggressively, so that more builds can cycle in and out of the limelight regularly?
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    No more timelines. You guys can't handle timelines. We're at peace now so just shhhh~
    fNX2ISa.png

• GilgameshGilgamesh Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will Ashes have infinite progression like BDO or a progress wipe each expansion like WOW. And how will you deal with the gap between Veterans and New players?
  • ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How much progress will be character based versus account based?
  • Amazon's New World completely changed their game from a sandbox open world full loot pvp game to an open world mmo, where the only sandbox element is player housing, with no loss of loot and pvp can be completely toggled off. They said their criminal system did not work well enough to prevent ganking.

How confident are you in:
    1) That your anti-ganking systems will prevent or greatly hinder the behavior (has the system or systems been tested yet)
    2) If it doesn't work, would make such a drastic change as completely toggling off pvp like New World is doing?
    I do understand theirs was full loot and AoC is not. Thanks in advance!
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    edited January 2020
    Almost every other MMORPG force us to play the role of the hero or the world savior in one way or another, but some of us don't want to be fitted in that archetype anymore, so my question is:

Is there going to be some kind of alignment system, from lawfull good to chaotic evil, that will grant us access to exclusionist (if i choose this i cant have this one) content? Items, cinematic, quest, areas, arenas, mounts, skins, abilities, professions, etc. etc. etc.
    giphy.gif
  • GilgameshGilgamesh Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be emphesis on Visual Clarity as a core Design Principle in PVP for Ashes of Creation, many recent MMOs have over looked this very important aspect of gameplay. *cough* *cough* BDO
  • RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    how far behind schedule is the development?
    2PXdm1m
  • BeorBeor Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    Which kickstarter goal is going to be the most challenging to develop successfully and why?
  • CambiguousCambiguous Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be armor for specific crafting and gathering professions?
    https://gfycat.com/@Cambiguous
    Someone you otter know.
  • crytiicscrytiics Member
    edited January 2020
    Will there be a music system where you can play your own instrument like in lotro or archeage? Would be great for roleplaying stuff
  • DraugShadeDraugShade Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Originally there was the talk of weather enhancing or reducing the power of spell effects, is this still a planned feature and what is the current progress of testing or implementing this?
    Come, join Axiom, we know where the sandals are...**

Discord: https://discord.gg/VEYE5PX

We don't actually know where the sandals are, but we'll still speculate where they might be with you!
  • XenantayaXenantaya Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How many dungeons and raids will be in the game at launch?
  • badtastebadtaste Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How did the internal testing of alpha 1 this month go? Is it looking good or is it still lots of stuff to do before we can try it out? :)
  • What customizations are planned for social systems in the game? Things such as friends lists.

Will players be able to organize their friend's lists for different purposes than just offline/online or alphabetical? Such as to favorite/prioritize players they interact with more often, or arrange the list by distance from the player on the map if the player is looking for others they know in their Zone of Interest? Will players be able to appear offline to strangers and/or guilds while being visible to friends or vice-versa?
  • Do you have anytid bits you want to share as far as professions in my case I like alchemy. And do you have a list of professions that are going to be in game so far.
    How much are professions going to impact our classes (perks).
  • What weapons will each class be able to use and will the weapons change the skills?

Eg. a mage with staff or a spellstone with a sword/shield.

The same question for armor.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited January 2020
    consultant wrote: »
    Do you have anytid bits you want to share as far as professions in my case I like alchemy. And do you have a list of professions that are going to be in game so far.
    How much are professions going to impact our classes (perks).

Gathering professions
    Fishing
    Herbalism
    Lumberjacking
    Mining
    Taming

Processing professions
    Animal husbandry

Crafting professions
    Alchemy
    Armor smithing
    Blacksmithing
    Cooking
    Furnishing
    Jewel crafting
    Scribes
    Ship building
    Siege weapons
    Weapon smithing
    Artisan tools
    What weapons will each class be able to use and will the weapons change the skills?

Eg. a mage with staff or a spellstone with a sword/shield.

The same question for armor.

Any class can use any weapon and any armor.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • rozzersrozzers Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Religious node article.................?
  • HydrillaHydrilla Member
    edited January 2020
    Will there be rare gathering materials out in the open world (besides dungeons) that would make it potentially rewarding for gatherers to explore places that may not be so easy to get to like high in the mountains or deep in caves?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2020
    I am wondering if over the years of gaming your team has seen minimap and glowing loot/levers/chests as taking the focus of the gamer away from the fantasy world and making them zero in only to points of interest on minimap and glowing interactive items.

Have you found a way to bring the players back into the world, away from UI?
  • Will there be Items with special abilities?
    So that you can make your Hero for example levitate or teleport even if your chossen class doesn´t provide you this skills? (Similar to WoW)
  • ChaoserChaoser Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited January 2020
    Can you confirm or deny that the current map that we got revealed to us shows a 1 to 1 representation of what it would look like in the game on release? (i.e. the presented orientation, shape of continents, landmarks...)
    uNIJtZO.png