Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

can't login to forums using Edge

KotterKotter Member, Founder, Kickstarter
i cleared cookies ect, but sign in takes me to a page that doesn't load. Chrome works fine.

Comments

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    same... thought i was the only one lol
    it is so since 2 days right ?
    and normal page works but going to sign-in gives a link like this correct ?;

https://sso.ashesofcreation.com/?response_type=code&client_id=s**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************==

i alrdy resorted to using a other browser just for the forums now :|
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    And why would anyone ever use edge for anything more than downloading a better browser?
    k2U15J3.png
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I didn't even know anyone used edge. Hmm more you know I guess.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Never had the need for one xd what is better about others?
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • Hiya - thanks for reaching out to report an issue with logging into the forums on Edge specifically! This is likely due to our recent account services update, where the naming convention on certain URLs changed (such as our login link).

I've given our team a heads up about the broken link so we can get it fixed up, but glad to hear that Chrome still works in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
  • For the people in this thread:
    Microsoft have released a new Developers build of Edge based on the Chromium fork of Google's Chrome Browser. They are also plugging a lot of holes present in Chrome and security conscious people such as myself have moved over to it.
  • Confirmed that SSO from Forums is not working in either Edge 18 or IE 11.

When going to the login directly console show a script error: SCRIPT1028: SCRIPT1028: Expected identifier, string or number
    chunk-vendors.979b00c1.js (13,12072).

The AOC Bard went into a tavern to entertain the folks. After a standing ovation, he took a bow and said, "Thank you, Thank you Verra much."
  • Hi all - just wanted to check back in and see if this issue was still persisting for anyone, or if you're able to log in now using Edge?

Please let us know more details if you're still unable to log in via Edge!
    community_management.gif
    @LieutenantToast Hi yes 'Sign In' from the forums in Microsoft Edge still directs to a white page with the normal long link starting with https://sso.ashesofcreation.com/?response_type=code&client_id=
    However, logging in trough the normal ashesofcreation.com website and shop does work as normal. But that doesn't automaticly sign into the forums
  • KotterKotter Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Hi all - just wanted to check back in and see if this issue was still persisting for anyone, or if you're able to log in now using Edge?

Please let us know more details if you're still unable to log in via Edge!

it is still not working for me.
    the main site works, but not the forums.
    i installed the newest version of Edge. everything works now.
  • Glad to hear that installing the newest version of Edge addresses this issue for you! I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please feel free to reach back out if there's anything further we can assist you with :)
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.