Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Housing Upgrade Question. :)

Hello :) I have watched a couple of housing videos and one question i have that is still unclear to me is that as i can see as Nodes upgrade to higher stages as most videos and facts say houses become mansions and such, but lets say you help upgrade the node, get the house but you don't want your house to become a mansions, do you have a choice in the matter? :)
RAZOR
Lineage 2 Veteran

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No. If you want a particular stage of housing you would need to plan at which stage to buy one. Also the exterior will change based on the prevalent racial for that node stage. Only those who procure the first stage of housing at node 3 will end up with mansions. At node level 4 those houses will level up, and more basic houses that were first seen at node level 3 will be available. At node 5 they all upgrade again. So the first set has gotten bigger, the second set is what the first set was a level 4, and another round of basic houses. Repeat for node stage 6.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    If you have the type of house you want at stage 4, and your node upgrades to stage 5, you could always sell your hose to another player, and buy one of the houses that you want.

Just be wary, as if the node reaches stage 6, you may have to do that all over again. And also, you may have been able to sell the house you had at stage 4 for a lot more when then node reached stage 6 than you would get for selling it at stage 5, so there is that to consider I suppose.
  • I see :) Thank you for the answers! I would quite honestly prefer more of a choice, however i guess selling it would help, well it will have to do for sure :D
    RAZOR
    Lineage 2 Veteran
  • @Razorath Do you specifically want to stay inside the town/city? If not, freeholds might be another option for you if you don't want your house setup to change.
  • Ravudha wrote: »
    @Razorath Do you specifically want to stay inside the town/city? If not, freeholds might be another option for you if you don't want your house setup to change.

I think i just enjoy a smaller house, after playing a few mmo's with housing i discovered that i like a smaller house for my character. Its just more of my style in games :) I would like to be able to help out the node from the bottom up and make it my home but not necessarily end up in a mansion as its not my style :)
    RAZOR
    Lineage 2 Veteran
  • AiveleenAiveleen Member
    edited March 2020
    Razorath wrote: »
    Ravudha wrote: »
    @Razorath Do you specifically want to stay inside the town/city? If not, freeholds might be another option for you if you don't want your house setup to change.

I think i just enjoy a smaller house, after playing a few mmo's with housing i discovered that i like a smaller house for my character. Its just more of my style in games :) I would like to be able to help out the node from the bottom up and make it my home but not necessarily end up in a mansion as its not my style :)

I think some confusion happened here. A node is a fairly large area, with a town or city at it's center. Nearly everything you do within a node contributes to the progress of that node, no matter how far you are from it's center. The node center is what changes in appearance when it levels up. Everything else in the node stays essentially the same, except for mob spawns. Node housing is in the node center.
    Players will have use of node housing, but not have much control over it's appearance aside from the control they have over node progress (which it is important to keep in mind is a slow process). The number of these houses will also be limited. As the node progresses more houses will become available, and the existing houses will increase in size. The point of this is to give a sense of the overall community's progression.
    This will not be the only type of player housing available. In the Alpha 1 preview livestream, they said that Freeholds would be available to test soon. Freeholds will be player-built housing outside of the node center. In that livestream we also saw a town that was not a node center, so it seems it may be possible to have an urban freehold. Freehold buildings won't automatically change when the node levels up, and their appearance will be much more under the control of the player. The devs have also discussed putting production capabilities on freehold plots: for example, a shipyard or a farm. If so, freeholds will be very important for a node's economy. Everything I say here is speculation though, since the feature hasn't been implemented.
    Aivlia Torladottir of Dün. Blacksmith, Lucky Wolf Trading Co.
    Imagination is the highest kite you can fly.