Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Node Type

Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
It might have been said before, but do the players have the choice of what kind of node you want when you start the build up or is it just random? Or does it tell you what type it will be from the get go?
I did however like the choice of buildings you get to make and when and what order you get to make them. I figured it was just going to be once the node leveled all these buildings would just be in place. A VERY nice revelation today in the stream!

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No, as i understand it the node type will be given at the very start.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Awesome, thanks for the info!
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The type of node does not become apparent until level 1, then clues to its type can be gleaned from the npcs inhabiting the camp. Soldiers for military, priests for divine, scholars for scientific, and merchants for economic. The nodes types are set in location and do not change. If location A is a military node on your server, the same location will be a military node on another server. Since they hope to not do a full map reveal before live launch, which are which may not be known on launch. This will help stop groups from racing out into the wild to try and boost nodes to gain advantage. Might not work because people be crafty, but that is the plan.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg