Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Lighting

Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I'm really curious about the light rotation. Will the sun ever be straight up in the sky at noon? All I've seen so far is a perpetual morning or sunset type of day and it makes deep dark shadows everywhere. The game does look awesome though, just something I've noticed and wanted to get some clarification on.

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    We know there will be a day/night cycle, but I doubt the exact positioning of the sun has been decided just yet.

It's ok though, they have 2 years to do that still.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    With unreal you can do so much with shadows and lights so I don't see why they couldn't
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well, there is a day / night cycle, so the sun should move up before going down. Kinda weird to have the sun kinda go up before going down?
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As mentioned above there will be a day/night cycle and as an interesting side note it has been confirmed that certain mobs will only spawn during the day or night.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.