Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crafting?

Will crafted items be the best available in game, or is it closer to World of Warcraft, where player crafted items are trash? Answer yes, and I'm in. :)

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Steven said that it will be 50/50.
    Some crafted items will be best in the game and some dropped gear will be equally good.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Hmm, ok. Sounds like half decent then, but I seriously hoped that everything would depend on the crafters.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hmm, ok. Sounds like half decent then, but I seriously hoped that everything would depend on the crafters.

This is all the info we have as of now

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Crafting
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

Even if players have dropped gear, they will rely on players to effect repairs.

As far as I know, the only means to repair an item is player driven (market stalls and - I assume - escrow).
  • Options
    Repairs are for the bread and water on the table, making real first class weapons and armor is where you make your fortune. :)
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Repairs are for the bread and water on the table, making real first class weapons and armor is where you make your fortune. :)

In most games, sure.

We have no reason to assume this will be the case in Ashes.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2020

I see it this way:
    - dropped items would be like a surprise, they could be perfect for you or they could be utter garbage for your build
    - crafted items would be tailored for your character with exactly the right stats that you want

Another difference could be that dropped items had the chance to get unique traits that depend on the monster type of the looted monster, while having slightly reduced stats.
    (Crafted gear would then have higher overall stats but mediocre effects, while dropped gear would have slightly reduced stats and cool effects example: a dragon would have the chance to drop a weapon with a firebreath effect)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited March 2020
    This is the link from the wiki where they talk about it -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnQ1Cve-bXE&feature=youtu.be&t=14m45s
  • Options
    AngelhearthAngelhearth Member
    edited March 2020
    Ravudha wrote: »
    This is the link from the wiki where they talk about it -

Yeah, noticed the guy in the middle, at the start (where your link started) wasn't all that happy about leaving it all up to the crafters. Seemed like he almost wanted the best of the best to drop from m obs. Could just be me being suspicious though, but it didn't sit well with me. Nothing he said, just the way he said it.