Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

hybrids!

2»

Comments

• ferryman wrote: »
    @skearnz There has been discussions and predictions how the Summoner will be implemented. It can be a 'jack of all trades' like mentioned before or perhaps ranged damage dealer or support or some kind of hybrid of these two. I am not sure is there any exact answer at this moment so I guess we have to wait a little bit longer to get more information.

prtty much^^
    i do wonder tho, they have eluded to some nifty utility abilities like mage hovering over a gap, rogues picklocking and tanks being to...perceive threats (iirc?) so that does bring to mind what the summoner's utility could be:3

but yea need to wait on that 1:D
  • AvernikAvernik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2020
    Anything involving Cleric, Bard, Mage or Summoner.

But we all have to start somewhere and my very first attempt at a "Hybrid" character would probably be primary Cleric augmented with Bard (Scryer)... or... primary Bard augmented with Cleric (Soul Weaver).

That said, I would probably first give Cleric/Cleric (High Priest) a shot before going straight into Hybrid.
    I'm sure it will take a while for me to settle on what fits best for my playstyle.
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sarevok wrote: »
    Like a Tank/Summoner running a potion launcher who summons mobs to soak up damage

From what we've been told only main class summoner will actually have summoned creatures. I'm betting a tank summoner would actually be an anti summoner, locking down summoned creatures.
    skearnz wrote: »
    i act had something ion mind about this! not fighter but rather cleric/tank
    imagine being able to tank and hold aggro through healing spells xD

I don't think you'd be able to hold aggro in anything more than a temporary off tank role. Remember, main archtype is what you do, second one is how you do it. So maybe that would be how Tank/Cleric worked, but i think Cleric/Tank would just be a healer not afraid to get their hands dirty in the melee, maybe through shielding, or higher armor values.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ventharien wrote: »
    Like a Tank/Summoner running a potion launcher who summons mobs to soak up damage

From what we've been told only main class summoner will actually have summoned creatures. I'm betting a tank summoner would actually be an anti summoner, locking down summoned creatures.

A summoner doesnt always have to summon anmials. I could imagine a Tank/Summoner to summon walls and shields to soak aoe damage. ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
    @Damokles True, but our tank abilities as we have them now ( certainly changing) already include summoning a wall, i think adding summoner in would do something different. But by creature i meant any autonomous damage source. floating swords etc.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

A summoner doesnt always have to summon anmials. I could imagine a Tank/Summoner to summon walls and shields to soak aoe damage. ;D

let lose the BONE WALL!latest?cb=20180511202410
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • A possiblity? Isn't the game designed with this in mind. A base class and a secondary class later on
    Nagash wrote: »
    That's littering!
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    That's littering!

its recycling thank you very much
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace