Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Image import functionality - Waifu Edition

DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
I know previously we had spoken about not allowing custom user images in the game, however I think we're leaning more now in the direction of allowing for custom user images. Absolutely well what it will be is the fact that we're a subscription game and if you want to jeopardize your account by doing the wrong thing with regards to custom users [images] then by all means you may do so and we'll have stringent practices in place to prevent that from actually being an issue.– Steven Sharif

With that said. May I display the many potential waifus I will import to freehold frames, walls, and all other various outlets of image 'importatry'

matt-rampino-waifu-apocalypse.jpg?1469296073
However I am a man of culture so 1 is enough.
o8sq4e9ghxp41.png

What about you? Imagery depicting Kings and Queens of the Sea? A global wide trading Company? Or perhaps you too are a person of culture and will embrace certain death, while we spread knowledge of our religions. (Waifus are religion)

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    jorge-jacinto-digital-art-artwork-fantasy-art-cthulhu-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well now I'm curious Fooshy. Do you know the names and franchises of every waifu in that picture?
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    yifM8Kf.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    Nagash wrote: »
    yifM8Kf.jpg

"Nagash is it true that you use actual hands in the brewing process?"
    "Mr Nagash, Emilia from the Ashes Gazette. Does the ale actually taste like dusty hands, and if it does not, dont you worry for lawsuits, because of fraudulent advertisement?"
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    yifM8Kf.jpg

"Nagash is it true that you use actual hands in the brewing process?"
    "Mr Nagash, Emilia from the Ashes Gazette. Does the ale actually taste like dusty hands, and if it does not, dont you worry for lawsuits, because of fraudulent advertisement?"

"Emilia, I can say without a doubt that every drink we make here at the Bone Brewing Company has been handled by our undead staff to make sure you get that smooth death taste in every sip."
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
    yifM8Kf.jpg

I'm scared to try that ale. 😄
    Well now I'm curious Fooshy. Do you know the names and franchises of every waifu in that picture?

Absolutely...... Not
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fooshyy wrote: »
    yifM8Kf.jpg

I'm scared to try that ale. 😄

Sounds tasty!
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    I know this wont be a popular opinion with some but I'm not really a fan of allowing custom images in game. I played BDO for about a year and the guild that occupied Heidel (one of the main towns) would make their guild logo some of the most obnoxious images they could find. They'd go from Kim Jong Un with a big grin on his face to K Pop stars to other obnoxious things.....and since they occupied the city their guild logo was on display at all times. It was annoying enough in a Korean mmo where immersion breaking was the norm but in a game like Ashes that's trying to go for a more immersive feel it could be even worse.

I really dont want to see Kim Jong Un's ugly mug flying above the node I call home in Ashes lol
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    darthaden wrote: »
    I know this wont be a popular opinion with some but I'm not really a fan of allowing custom images in game. I played BDO for about a year and the guild that occupied Heidel (one of the main towns) would make their guild logo some of the most obnoxious images they could find. They'd go from Kim Jong Un with a big grin on his face to K Pop stars to other obnoxious things.....and since they occupied the city their guild logo was on display at all times. It was annoying enough in a Korean mmo where immersion breaking was the norm but in a game like Ashes that's trying to go for a more immersive feel it could be even worse.

I really dont want to see Kim Jong Un's ugly mug flying above the node I call home in Ashes lol

I'd hope that the custom images would only be usable in player housing or freeholds, but of course it will be up to Intrepid to decide about that.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Who doesnt want neon pink and green blending in in castle walls with emojies and any other weird images that people need to share with strangers over the internet.

Isnt it totally reasonable to scare game developers in allowing such malarkey in their beautiful visions of mmorpg? You know, because saying No is unacceptable these days.
    darthaden wrote: »

I don't think we'll be allowed to have waifu's or uhh.. political figures as our guild crest or on our other nonchalant personal areas. It'll be interesting at the very least if they did allow questionable pictures.
    Who doesnt want neon pink and green blending in in castle walls with emojies and any other weird images that people need to share with strangers over the internet.

Isnt it totally reasonable to scare game developers in allowing such malarkey in their beautiful visions of mmorpg? You know, because saying No is unacceptable these days.

Lmao right. The devs get scared enough coming into discord. God forbid if they let it drip into the game. Degeneracy everywhere.
  • I really hope this will apply only to player´s freehold, otherwise it will totally break the immersion and ruin the game for good...
    giphy.gif
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's well worth the needing to monitor different images. Coming from a game where my buddy (graphical designer) made us the coolest guild crest ever, as long as the images have relatively limited places they can be placed, in free holds, on flags, and for shop signs, it should be great.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I hope we get highly customizable logos based on sliders for pre-rendered images. Not the ability to upload our own pictures. That would be so wrong.

They might as well let us upload pictures as our characters’ faces. That way Napoleon Dynamite can run around as a red player killing newbies trying to gather firewood.

Hhak63P.png
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    I hereby declare that besides killing any elf that crosses my path, that I will burn down any freehold, ship, caravan or node that has any displays of waifus or similar trash. >P gg hf
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I hereby declare that besides killing any elf that crosses my path, that I will burn down any freehold, ship, caravan or node that has any displays of waifus or similar trash. >P gg hf

Let's make a guild
  • CorpierCorpier Member
    edited April 2020
    Anime was a mistake. Your waifu is shit. Death to the furries and lolicons! I declare a never ending war against them!
    DEUS VULT!
    Memes aside, I hope to not see excessively obnoxious or degenerate things allowed in the game.
    Corpier wrote: »
    Anime was a mistake. Your waifu is shit. Death to the furries and lolicons! I declare a never ending war against them!
    DEUS VULT!
    Memes aside, I hope to not see excessively obnoxious or degenerate things allowed in the game.

You'll never take me alive!! 🏃‍♂️
    ❤️
    Corpier wrote: »
    DEUS VULT!

You'll never take me alive!! 🏃‍♂️

giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • darthaden wrote: »

I second this. I too play Black Desert and I hated every thing about those man children in Barcode and Manup
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It'll have to be limited and monitored to be sure, but no matter how much time and resources they put into preset logos or banners, alot of people will end up looking the same.
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There is the possibility that we'll have a client-side option to turn off custom-decals. So if they're ruining your immersion, just turn them off for yourself. Even better, maybe we could have a couple different option for "public decals" vs. "friends only" vs. "self only".
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
    I truly wonder if it'll be implemented and how strict the import imagery moderat will be.
  • LalliLalli Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I truly wonder if it'll be implemented and how strict the import imagery moderat will be.

Are you going to be the first to test how strict it will be fooshy? :wink:
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Probably. But in a nice way. Like a really nice picture that you have to look at a certain way, and then boom!
  • darthaden wrote: »

Ahem* Did you just sully the name of our lord and savior? To the death camps with you!
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • I'd hope that the custom images would only be usable in player housing or freeholds, but of course it will be up to Intrepid to decide about that.

Do you really want to be galloping through a beautiful landscape then suddenly come upon Spongebob sanctuary, neighbouring Naruto farms and Meme manor?

I hope they don't allow custom images because it always ends up ruining the game's aesthetic.