Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If we have multiple of the same cosmetic items (i.e. griffons and cloaks from giveaways), do you get to equip multiple characters or do they all count as 1 item in inventory (as in no matter how many you have, only the first one counts)?
  • NoktNokt Member
    What is the team's stance on moving while casting?

Is it like World of Warcraft where it is the exception, or Guild Wars 2 where it is the rule?
  • l3v3rag3l3v3rag3 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    Are there any plans for blood magic? How about other kinds of magic such as time or gravity?
  • AshburnAshburn Member
    edited April 2020
    Is there a chance for cosmetic effects to be added in game via special armor/weapons or in the shop for purchase? Ex: Black smoke siphoning off of your character
    fantasy-dark-spirit-in-mask-facebook-cover.jpg
  • RabbitRabbit Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Are we expecting the Alpha servers to stay online, or be brought up for just a few hours at a time, during the upcoming testing phase?
    AOSpyaF.png
  • DougBug27DougBug27 Member
    edited April 2020
    Will the bard class use instruments during gameplay, or be more focused on singing/speaking? I noticed the emblem has a quill, but it also contains notes. Will the bard class be the last one you develop?
  • CakeyCakey Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is the game going to be tab targeting or action combat and in what ways
  • SzoloSzolo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As a dedicated citizen of my node, - instead of selling for money, or disassembling for materials - will I be able to "donate" my obsolete gear to my node, so to upgrade the defensive abilities of my node"s NPCs, or for example bolstering the strength of a caravan guard?
    You ride that fine line of like everyone is about to die and you shall keep on casting, keep going, it's awesome. That's the best part of healing.
  • LyonLyon Member
    Dear Steven with all the economical depth and all the systems you plan to bring to the mmo like development of the nodes and how other nodes behave because of that and the character depth with all the subclasses and all their individual skills or the shipbattles dont you think the game with all it offers could become a bit too difficult for the average or casual player? And do you think this kind of depth could scare off pepole that are new to the mmo genre?
  • BeorBeor Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    What is your take on about rollbacks? Is it an last resort that you try to avoid or is it something you will do frequently if problems and bugs appear?
  • NexlerNexler Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Do you still plan on the alpha being persistent or in waves similar to apoc?
  • WembleyWembley Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Regarding the light armor artisan skills: Will the gathering part of the "Gathering / Processing / Crafting" be based on harvesting from the environment, cloth drops from mobs, or purely from deconstruction of items? I'm sure there are a lot of us squishy cloth wearers who'd like to know!
  • GrizzlyChipsGrizzlyChips Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be criminal activities for PvE content, like stealing from shops or pickpocketing NPCs?
  • skearnzskearnz Member
    edited April 2020
    what is the difference between normal blacksmiths opposed to armorsmithing/weaponsmithing?
  • AsmonAsmon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What does end game look like and what progression is there when you reach end game? A big concern in MMO community is that when you reach end game it’s very boring and a game killer to many. So what is the plan to not have this type of affect on people?
  • BluBOoBluBOo Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How's Intrepid handling the main story quests in Ashes? - Will players have to travel around Verra through a guided path or will it be more like ''wherever you go, you can experience the main story and it differs from place to place'' ? Basically how 'guided' we will feel as opposed to absolute freedom when doing and choosing quests.
  • LalliLalli Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    Fun Question
    For Steven: Favorite brand of sandal and why?
  • caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited April 2020
    Will we have to use the tab key to select a target or will the ‘action stance’ have a soft target locking like in ESO for selecting targets ??
    I hope its like ESO
  • LumiLuckLumiLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like class requirements tied to particular kinds of gathering or crafting requirements. For example, enchanting or potion making requiring magic skill or blacksmithing requiring strength levels or dexterity levels for fletching arrows. Is this something being considered perchance?
  • Do the NPC's knwo that the players can respawn?
    How do they handle the fact that players are basicly immortal?
  • torkel56torkel56 Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    I live in EU and Xscolla is killing my contribution to the game (money wise).
    Im wondering if the upgrade backer packages will be available for us in EU to after you have fixed the Xscolla issue?
  • PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi team,
    My question is will we need to put skill pts in the taming aspect of collecting the pets for animal husbandry to be effective or is it going to be a combination of tools like lasso, food, and a mini game?

be safe all. :)
  • Is there anything you can share with us about the enhanced mounts unlocked in the Kickstarter? I hope that the group mounts are rhino or elephant sized.
  • CareFreeCactusCareFreeCactus Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Hello,
    Will there be any summons that tower over the player or even a building or will they all be player size and smaller?

Thank you,
  • BirdieBirdie Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be any contagious illnesses that could possibly lead to a pandemic? Like, some kind of debuff ?

P.S. Sorry if this has been mentioned before!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • When thinking about moving resources, will players be able to get storage in different cities or only the node they live in?
  • l3v3rag3l3v3rag3 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    Ignore this
  • LalliLalli Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2020
    Birdie wrote: »
    Will there be any contagious illnesses that could possibly lead to a pandemic? Like, some kind of debuff ?

P.S. Sorry if this has been mentioned before!

@Birdie

Relevant and interesting. Something like the WoW incident but intentional.

Wonder if they could make one that could be weaponized for sieges. I remember playing a game (I think Crusader Kings?) and you could catapult a cow a cross the wall and it would spread disease.
  • kryPrimkryPrim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello, will the resolution 3840x2160 work in the Alpha 2 and the window mode in addition?
    Unfortunately I have noticed in many games that this format is often offered, but is scaled extremely wrong or has no function yet.

To be able to offer a good quality to people with the A2, it would be great if the resolution and the window mode would work.
  • skearnzskearnz Member
    edited April 2020
    will there be cursed gear?
    (like enchanting a piece of armour but instead it reduces 1 or several stats to boost 1 stat or give an effect of somekind)