Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

OC Player should i get the game?

Looking to get into an mmo having played conquer online and fiesta (when they weren't trash) putting aside the $300 + version of the game before its fully released this game looks cool.
I'm looking for honest nonbias info to base my purchases on.
Is there currently or any plans to have oc servers?
Does it look like P2W is going to be added the moment the community turns its head like many other mmo?

Comments

• ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    edited May 2020
    I wouldn't say that I'm unbiased, but anyway, here are the answers to your questions:

- Yes, there will be OCE servers.

- P2W? Absolutely not. Not having P2W is one of their biggest promises they were promoting from the earliest days. They mentioned multiple times, that the shop will be purely for cosmetic items.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • ShadonSol wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that I'm unbiased, but anyway, here are the answers to your questions:

- Yes, there will be OCE servers.

- P2W? Absolutely not. Not having P2W is one of their biggest promises they were promoting from the earliest days. They mentioned multiple times, that the shop will be purely for cosmetic items.

Thanks for the info might just get it, in my experience its rare to see mmo's have oc servers that don't try and take the shirt off your back.
  • FlashmanFlashman Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Consider the reality of them, though. This is sitting further down the front page of this forum:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/44277/oce-server-expectations-reality
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would suggest you wait a couple of months until the NDA is lifted on alpha 1 thus you will be able to see the progress of the game and get a better idea of how the game will look and feel. If you are keen to see some actual alpha 1 game play there are the last 2 live streams that show off the game. You need to remember that it is alpha game play and things will change before release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trk0Tik18j8&t=99s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyoYYp2IayA&t=2728s
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • arodicusarodicus Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People
    I agree with varkun you can wait until alpha one is released to see gameplay via twitch or wherever and if you are still on the fence you are also able to hold out until the game launches. The awesome thing about ashes is there is no box price. If you want to try it out drop $15 for the subscription try it out for 30 days if you don’t like it then don’t resub
  • I don't buy early access game or anything that is not out. Why? Because you can't hold corporations responsible for what they do. I mean, look at Elyria or New world. They say one thing and then go do another.

Do I believe Steven? Hell yeah. But we gamers must have principles, otherwise many will take advantage of that. If we all go rushing spending our money on some great idea with no reality on being done, we're just prey for predatory practices.
    I mean, everyone should be familiar with the trend of endless Early access survival games.
    Even Camelot developed another game while still doing the original one.
    Intrepid did the same, and it's by many one of their most crucial mistakes