Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[NA/EU] Sons of the Seven | Mercantilism & Politics [PvX]

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited October 2018 in North American Guilds

Website
Discord

About Sons of the Seven

We are a newly formed PvX NA/EU guild built from the ashes of ancient gamers who look to renew their online gaming community with fresh blood. Our founders are veteran MMO players going back to the start of EVE Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, and Everquest. We’ve come together once again in anticipation of Ashes of Creation. 

Kickstarter

We have collectively pledged over $55,000 to the Kickstarter campaign. Though the game is far from being released, we’re currently working toward building the community we need to enter the launch as a formidable power. We strive to become a leading guild in the complex political, economic, and military landscape that will develop within Ashes of Creation.

What we offer to our members

• Focused & experienced leadership to ensure your time is not wasted in meaningless grind. 
• Organized guild divisions to handle crafting, trade, and PvP. 
• RP environment for players who wish to develop more than just a toon. 
• Player input into the direction of Sons of the Seven
• Guild Discord and forum. 
• Design contests and prizes. 
• Community projects and instructional videos. 
• Opportunities to become a named Lord within the guild. 

Guild Charter

Sons of the Seven is founded upon three core values, or Pillars. Each Pillar is further divided into Sub-Pillars which qualify the vision and expectations of the guild. These Pillars and Sub-Pillars guide the decisions and behavior of the Sons of the Seven, and we hold them in reverence. 

As the pillars of Khazad-dûm support the weight of the overlying mountain, so too do the Pillars of the Sons of the Seven carry the responsibility of the guild. Each member is accorded a representative of the guild in matters ranging from mercantilism and manufacturing to diplomacy and warfare. Thus, all members must uphold the values of our order for continued prosperity and mutual friendship. The Sons of the Seven Guild Charter is a contract of commitment both from the leadership to its members and from each member to the well-being of the guild. 

1. Primacy

Sons of the Seven endeavors to become a principal player within Ashes of Creation. One of our primary goals is to achieve an early foothold within a node and push to a dominant regional role. This motivation extends to the creation of a metropolis level settlement where we can exercise our influence as defined by the three sub-pillars of Primacy.

Military Might
As civilization establishes itself out of the ashes of the world, conflict and chaos will erupt between rivals. Sons of the Seven is committed to protecting our goods and political standing, and we will respond preemptively if necessary. A division of the guild will be focused on maintaining order and ensuring that business can be conducted without undue risk to person or property.

Political Power
Sons of the Seven will work with alliance members to devise tactics and strategies to defend and promote our shared interests. We will work with the other guilds within our metropolis and node system to fight for common benefit. We will maneuver through the political climate with our allies, establish a powerful crafting and trading office, and utilize our extensive player experience in continued expansion and development.

Economic Eminence
“He who has the gold makes the rules.”
Sons of the Seven will be based on a combination of laissez-faire and mercantilism. Guild members will have the freedom to make their own decisions in terms of monetary gain while assisting in the overall growth of the guild. This system allows individuals with motivation and guile to maneuver themselves into positions of wealth and gain influence among other players. In the early stages of Ashes of Creation, a strong focus will be placed on building internal systems to help members reach their own goals. While direct involvement in the Economic Eminence sub-pillar of the guild is not required, it is highly recommended. However, we recognize that not all players may have an interest in this form of gameplay, and we encourage those players to assist in the development of the guild by other means. There will be a home for every play style within Sons of the Seven, but those with a smart mind and a quick wit for business will find themselves well respected and rewarded.

2. Ethics

The respectable conduct of our members is the foundation on which the Sons of the Seven empire is built. We recognize that Primacy can be achieved through backstabbing, treachery, and villainy, but we believe the path best chosen in the one of honorable intent. How one plays the game is just as important as how well one plays.

Honor
Honor is respect to oneself and one’s enemies. Sons of the Seven expects all members to respect one another and to extend that same respect to outsiders insofar as it is appropriate. For an empire to last, it must be respected by both its ideals and the practical application of its values. Without holding members to a certain higher standard, we cannot expect to sustain a lasting influence on Ashes of Creation. We also believe that honorable battle is a worthy cause. Errant player-killing falling outside of battle is prohibited. War targets, bounty targets, and other approved blacklist targets are, however, encouraged and rewarded by the guild.

Loyalty
No other guild comes first. This is expected of all members. The more that a member puts into the guild, the more they’ll receive out of it. Our leadership recognizes allegiance as an important value that helps drive the overall success of the guild, and we reward fidelity with responsibility and wealth.

Commitment
Any successful organization is founded upon the commitment of its members and upper leadership. Guildmaster Telchar has demonstrated his commitment with a $5,000 Hero of the People pledge to the Ashes of Creation Kickstarter. This level of monetary investment is NOT expected by any other member and serves only as a demonstration of the leadership’s desire to see Sons of the Seven become a successful and formidable guild within Ashes of Creation.

3. Governance

Primacy and Ethics alone are insufficient qualities to produce a lasting influence on Ashes of Creation. Power can be squashed through the backdoor dealing of disenchanted rivals. Economic superiority can be usurped with reorganized intent of smaller empires. And honorable intent can be eroded away by the practicalities of maintaining power. Thus, the final and third Pillar of the Sons of the Seven is Governance. The exercise of superior leadership must be utilized in guiding through the treacherous waters of power and influence.

Involvement
The inclusion and participation of guild members in both in-game events and out-of-game social interactions is a necessity in building camaraderie and friendship. We encourage all members to actively contribute to the forums and interact with other members via Discord. Not only will you have more fun by getting to know your guild on a personal level, but you’ll have a greater impact on the direction the guild takes in future events. Members are expected to involve themselves as much as they feel comfortable in contributing ideas, knowledge, and wealth to other members of the guild.

Purpose
We want all members to feel as if they have a purpose in Sons of the Seven whether through crafting, PvP, or organizing the duties of other members. We recognize the unique talents of our members and strive to provide each player a role that best fits their own strengths and proclivities. It is the diversity of talent and recognition thereof that will carry Sons of the Seven into a position of dominance within Ashes of Creation.

Vision
The direction of Sons of the Seven will be a deliberate and purposeful course as determined by both Guildmaster Telchar and contributing members. We strive to have fun above all else, and we believe this to be achieved most effectively by an organized and dedicated order of friends and fellows. Where we go, we go together, and we believe this to be the most important part of our journey.

Diplomacy

Any diplomatic inquiries can be addressed by joining our Discord and asking to speak with an officer. At this current time however, Sons of the Seven is not considering official alliances. 

Leadership

Guildmaster: Telchar
Loremaster: Telperin
Director: Khazidd
Officers: Kymatic, Hit, Daedelus, Ceivent, Kilonik

Apply to Sons of the Seven

We are currently recruiting!

Sons of the Seven Application

What We Look for In New Members

Commitment to the guild. We are a community at heart, and we're looking for members who are interested in joining our community and not just to play Ashes with us. 

Respectful attitude. We have members from all over the world with backgrounds and preferences that makes us unique. 

Willingness to learnOur members come from all walks of life. We encourage every member to challenge themselves by learning new skills to either benefit the guild or benefit themselves in personal and professional growth. 

What we DO NOT consider when accepting applications

A long history of gaming. We do not care if you're a veteran or new to owning a computer. We will help you develop the skills and knowledge necessary to contribute to the guild. Our concern is that you're interested in learning and being a part of our team. 

Age. Some of our members are in their sixties, some in their teens. We do not discriminate based on age. 

Weekly quotas for Ashes of Creation play time. You play at your leisure. We do not expect anyone to invest X amount of hours into Ashes each week. There is room for casual players within the Sons. 

The Application Process
You will be asked to fill out an initial questionnaire so we can get to know you. Two follow-up interviews will be held by officers or directors to determine if you'd be a good fit with the Sons. 

Updated 2/10/2018

Comments

• Hello everyone! thanks for checking our guild out!
  • You can also message me if you have any questions! :D
  • Can't wait to get involved with the community! If you fight with honor or for honor check us out!
  • I'm so syked about AoC and being part of this guild. Telchar has been inspiring and welcoming. All of the members I've met in [SotS] are super syked also. The leadership is dedicated to establishing a cohesive team well before the launch of AoC. We will have a strong early access presence and plan to plant a secure foundation as soon as the game goes live. Join us to take part in the awesomeness that is Sons of the Seven!
  • We'll be playing plenty of games until Ashes is released so we can grow as a community. When release comes, we aim to be right there making world changing decisions.

Join us, we have cookies.
  • This guild has a great group of people really seeking to gain the most fulfillment possible from AoC. I am definitely glad to be a part of a dedicated group that seeks to help each other and better the guild as a whole! If you are seeking a serious guild who desires to obtain the most out of AoC while working together as one unit, this is definitely the guild for you!
  • Solid group of like-minded people, who don't mind a bit of banter. Amazing leadership that are actively improving relationships with other guilds as well as bolstering our own numbers. Sons of the Seven has its sights very high for the future of this game, and it's going to be one hell of a ride.
  • <em>Sons of the Seven</em> [SotS] is a newly formed PvX NA/EU guild built from the ashes of ancient gamers who look to renew their online gaming community with fresh blood. Our founders are veteran MMO players going back to the start of EVE Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, and Everquest. We’ve come together once again in anticipation of Ashes of Creation.

<em>Sons of the Seven</em> has collectively pledged <strong>$9,685 </strong>to the Kickstarter campaign. Though the game is far from being released, we’re currently working toward building the community we need to enter the launch as a formidable power. We strive to become a leading guild in the complex political, economic, and military landscape that will develop within Ashes of Creation.

What we offer to our members:
    • Focused & experienced leadership to ensure your time is not wasted in meaningless grind.
    • Organized guild divisions to handle crafting, trade, and PvP.
    • RP environment for players who wish to develop more than just a toon.
    • Player input into the direction of <em>Sons of the Seven</em>.
    • Guild Discord and forum.
    • Design contests and prizes.
    • Community projects and instructional videos.
    • Opportunities to become a named <em>Lord</em> within the guild.

A more detailed list of our long-term goals can be found in the <a href="http://sonsoftheseven.shivtr.com/pages/Charter">Guild Charter</a>. If you are interested in joining us, please feel free to apply or stop by the forums with any questions.

http://sonsoftheseven.shivtr.com/
  • Sons of the Seven [SotS] is a newly formed PvX NA/EU guild built from the ashes of ancient gamers who look to renew their online gaming community with fresh blood. Our founders are veteran MMO players going back to the start of EVE Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, and Everquest. We’ve come together once again in anticipation of Ashes of Creation. Sons of the Seven has collectively pledged over $10,000 to the Kickstarter campaign. Though the game is far from being released, we’re currently working toward building the community we need to enter the launch as a formidable power. We strive to become a leading guild in the complex political, economic, and military landscape that will develop within Ashes of Creation.
  • So far these guys seem pretty cool and I can't wait to join them in game.
  • Our guild is founded upon three great pillars. If you're anyone who cares about the direction and character of the guild you should definitely check our charter out!

Can't wait to start playing with these guys and making unforgettable memories.
  • Thanks to Telchar for chatting with me. I feel like SotS will be a great fit for my wife and I as we explore the world of AoC! Very well organized!
  • If you're looking for a dedicated artisan let me know! I'm testing the waters with various groups right now.
  • [quote quote=22453]If you’re looking for a dedicated artisan let me know! I’m testing the waters with various groups right now.

[/quote]

Hello Grizzly2016 ! We are definitely looking for those who are interested in joining us with a focus on the artisan system. Have you had a chance to check out our charter? Please feel to stop by our discord if you want to ask any specific questions!
  • Application submitted. **hic**
  • I would like to thank everyone who has recently joined us for giving us this opportunity. I am confident everyone will enjoy their time with the guild. Heres to the Sons of the Seven!
  • Hey everyone,

Its been really great just hanging out and getting to know each other the past few days. I cannot wait to see what is to come. Its going to be a long road to release but I am glad I can call SotS home!
  • <em>Sons of the Sevens</em> is still recruiting new members. This week we're opening applications for members to apply as our Community Management Officer. The position will organize guild game nights to help bring everyone together. We're dedicated to building a community before the launch of AoC.

Feel free to stop by our Discord or submit an application today.
  • Hello SotS,

I see that you are planning on making an NA / EU guild.
    Can you explain me more about this combination of two regions?
    How can you assure that one region doesnt get more attention then the other?
    I live in the Netherlands so i will be playing EU and i am a hardcore player.

Greetings!

Crusader
  • Hi!

I would love to be a son of the seven. Looking forward to indulging into a new MMO.

:)
  • [quote quote=23898]Hello SotS,

I see that you are planning on making an NA / EU guild.
    Can you explain me more about this combination of two regions?
    How can you assure that one region doesnt get more attention then the other?
    I live in the Netherlands so i will be playing EU and i am a hardcore player.

Greetings!

Crusader

[/quote]

Hello Crusader!

Our current plan is to split the guild into two divisions if we get enough focus for the EU group. This is largely based around how well the ping is going to be for the EU players and if they are able to play on a NA server. I would not want to try and force anyone to play with crappy ping, but if we can get the two groups together on the same server it would help us have a much better presence on the server throughout the total day. Depending on how things go with the testing of this ping and how it performs for the EU players during the alphas, we will make our decisions from there. If it is unbearable we would look to try and support a EU group through the guild structure on their own server.

If that helps to answer your questions please let me know, otherwise feel free to DM me on discord and we can chat about things further.
  • [quote quote=24176]Hi!

I would love to be a son of the seven. Looking forward to indulging into a new MMO.

????

[/quote]

Hail Noobadelick!

I would be happy to have you within our ranks! please take a look at our website and review the guild charter and put in a application. I will make sure to keep an eye out for you!
  • Hey everybody,

I just joined the Sons of the Seven, and I want to tell you how great of a direction the guild is taking already towards a bright future in Ashes of Creation. I know no matter how many fancy words I put here you won't really care so read for yourself in our <a href="http://sonsoftheseven.shivtr.com/pages/Charter" target="_blank">Guild Charter</a> , about our values as a guild.

And I know as a fellow gamer it might feel weird for you to join a guild so early (maybe not since your scrolling through the guild recruitment pages) , as things can change a lot in just a couple of months; that's why at SotS we are preemptively, playing other games to create group cohesion and grow into a tight nit guild.

Want to hear more or just to talk to use, come see us on our website <a href="http://sonsoftheseven.shivtr.com/" target="_blank">http://sonsoftheseven.shivtr.com/</a> or visit us on our <a href="https://discordapp.com/invite/fdHn22D" target="_blank">discord </a>
  • We have made tremendous growth in the last few weeks. We're at 39 members and counting! The community is definitely developing and is something I find enjoyable. Let's keep up the good work guys. Thank you all for becoming a part of this growing community; I'm sure we'll make some stories to remember!
  • Recently joined these guys, and they are a great bunch of people. Well organized and we are getting new people all time. Come check us out here: http://sonsoftheseven.shivtr.com/ and if you have any questions just ask any of the members and they can help ya out.
  • Application submitted. I look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience. Thank you!
  • Application has been submitted, I'm excited to have found a community that shares my desires.
  • For some reason i cant find you on discord. Can you add me IceCold#4551
  • I'm extremely happy I joined this talented group of people. If you're looking for a well organized guild, with strong leadership, clear vision and goals and economy layer focus search no more. The dedication to the game 2 years before release is astonishing...
    Come check us out at: http://sonsoftheseven.shivtr.com
  • I recently joined and found a great team, strong leadership, vision and structure. Everything I could have expected.

Come check us out!