Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If P1 players are getting access can they and the rest of community with alpha1 access get the NDA

OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
So we can talk to them and see what they like and don't like?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Alpha isn't about seeing what players like and don't like, it is about testing the game to see what works and doesn't work.

There is likely to be very little that is actually enjoyable.
  • Options
    arodicusarodicus Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People
    Noaani is correct in that alpha tests are about bugs and feedback but I wouldn’t go so far as to say there would be little to enjoy. It is after all the first steps into the world of Verra by the player base.

Unfortunately an NDA is just that. The PI members aren’t able to disclose any info from the early tests. The request of having all of the alpha 1 testers sign an NDA just for getting to talk about what is seen would be over 10k people and not really a good idea.

You will get to see the world once alpha 1 officially launches as there will not be an NDA at that time.
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    arodicus wrote: »
    Noaani is correct in that alpha tests are about bugs and feedback but I wouldn’t go so far as to say there would be little to enjoy. It is after all the first steps into the world of Verra by the player base.

Unfortunately an NDA is just that. The PI members aren’t able to disclose any info from the early tests. The request of having all of the alpha 1 testers sign an NDA just for getting to talk about what is seen would be over 10k people and not really a good idea.

You will get to see the world once alpha 1 officially launches as there will not be an NDA at that time.

I believe NDA is in place until Steven is satisfied with the testing. So I wouldn't get anyone's hopes up.
  • Options
    WizardTimWizardTim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I thought the NDA would be lifted immediately as Alpha 1 or 2 started, according to one of their monthly talks?
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They want to have the NDA for the worst part so that the public doesn't go up in flames for some looks that are not what will be in the finalized game.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-1
    The testing in May-June will likely remain under NDA until I feel comfortable with stability.[21] – Steven Sharif
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    They'll like it. What's not to like?
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I agree that it is best to have and NDA in place for the first few months until the game is stable plus the extra month or 2 to get more polish and features set in place. It will lessen the REEEE effect as Unknown calls it with a lesser chance of something going wrong, server crashes etc.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    WongWong Member, Intrepid Pack
    Don't forget that A1 tests will be periodic and not 24/7. More like the initial BR tests that were performed during weekends and during weekdays Intrepid fixed bugs and impelemented more things for testing.

It will take some time to get it rolling smoothly so it is best to keep the NDA until they are ready to put out the build for a wider audience