Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

1st post, just saying Hi.

Hey all,
This is my first post but so I wanted to introduce myself before I jumped into anyones conversations. I've been following this game since 2016 and preorder it a while ago but never really got into the community. I got burned by the last game I backed (CoE) so I'm hoping this turns out different.

About me; I've been playing MMOs for a long time such as SW Galaxies, EQ, ESO, WoW (vanilla through launch of wrath), SWTOR and have tanked or off tanked most of the raids in WoW and SWTOR. I typically only play two different types of classes, warrior / tanks, and rogueish DPS. I really enjoy raiding, open world PvP and completing guild/clan challenges when they have them and will be looking for a place to call home when this gets released.

I'm currently active duty so I love being part of a team, but I retire in a few months so I'll have plenty of time to play. Besides playing AoC when I retire, I'll be diving around the US for a while checking out all the national parks hiking and camping, and then heading to Europe to do the same.

Anyway, that's it. it's nice to meet everyone.

Comments

• RavudhaRavudha Member
    Welcome!
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi.

Hhak63P.png
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Welcome to the fun house.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • MosephMoseph Member
    Dang, I just found the "Welcome, Introduce yourself here." post. Is there a way to move or delete a post yourself?
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    Nah...wouldn't worry about it.
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Welcome to the community.
    k2U15J3.png
  • StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    Welcome fellow adventurer.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Greetings
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • grisugrisu Member
    Have some cookies before you delve into this new and strange lands.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Welcomme fellow tank^^
    May I ask, is your name a mix out of Moses and Joseph?
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2020
    I welcome you to our community!
    As long as you understand that Tulnar in particular are the best race of them all and that Bards stand above all other classes, then we will shurely get along.
    At least until there are only bards and Tulnar remaining, then there will be anarchy music festivals determining our leadership.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Heya, welcome!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • MosephMoseph Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for the warm greetings.
    Welcomme fellow tank^^
    May I ask, is your name a mix out of Moses and Joseph?

Nope, it's not anything that respectable...
    It's a weird evolution of my gamertag which became the name for all my game characters. Ironically though, it turns out its a real name with either an African or French origin that means blessed.
    My old gamertag was MoThugly which meant "More of a thug in life than you" because IRL i would beat you senseless for talking the way you do over the internet (I cant stand yappy toxic players). My clan mates/guildies/online friends called me Mo... Started naming all my characters Mo but sometimes I needed a last name so i came up with Thuglewits... Mo Thuglewits. It didn't sound right so after some thought Mo became Moseph, Moseph Thuglewits, and since then its been the name for almost every character I play.

Its also ironic that while I mostly play tanks in games, I've been basically nothing more than a bullet sponge at my last few units. Luckily it's never come to that.

A mixture of the names Moses and Joseph does work really well for a tank also. I'm not religious so I dont really know the whole story, but Moses led his people through hardship... like a tank. Furthermore he parted the red sea much like a tank parts his enemies for his party to travel safe. Joseph was given a coat that earned him the ire of his brothers... Armor that grabs aggro!