Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Describe your dream home in AOC!

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I would try to settle down close to the sea preferably in a mediterranean climate. I would work on my boat and fish, and when I need to put food on the table, go and fight. How would it be for you?

5698725-HTBIBSUV-7.jpg

Comments

• Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Lowland dale with the mountains in the background, some nice tall spruce trees and a stream running through.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh where do I start

Muhahahahah
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    Next to a river, semi-wooded area but not too far a trip to the nearest city.
  • ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    edited May 2020
    I like meadows, near a dense forest and a sparkling lake. And in the distance, the sun is vanishing behind the mountains :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A nice little crypt by the moors. And then I can enjoy the mist rolling in and adding a surreal aspect to the area.
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    building.png
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • A small stone building on top of a mountain looking down on a small harbour town surrounded by woods. And then I want a gliding mount so I can glide down into the harbour and go for a swim.

shutterstock_315267491-1.jpg

Something like this.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Have answered this exact question before but here goes. A high mountain pass or valley with a river or small lake trees scattered around the valley. Also want to see it change through all 4 seasons, and as a bonus would be nice to have some mine nodes in the area, though may take months for them to respawn but thats ok.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    xct1f2lftny21.jpg

• LumiLuckLumiLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Marzzo @Makinoji I absolutely love your home ideas. I am a magic user myself and the idea of a library for studying potent magics in those places would be great <3
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    Makinoji wrote: »
    xct1f2lftny21.jpg

Ok that’s cool af

And in lieu of sharing the valley, catch me in this place. Dry, warm, sand f’ing everywhere
    http://fav.me/d5zij53
    d5zij53-8d817a68-72d8-4186-819a-969afd1196ec.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvODdiY2MxODEtODk5OC00NTAyLWE1MjMtODA0ODVmYzlmMGI1XC9kNXppajUzLThkODE3YTY4LTcyZDgtNDE4Ni04MTlhLTk2OWFmZDExOTZlYy5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.QbCr37Un_W0sfGF5WqLunXCoYhvKGz0RDMz40EJd_wA
  • volshvolsh Member
    I'm not quite up to date on the housing situation so correct me if i'm wrong but don't your residence have to part of the city/town?..is it possible to have a house outside of the main hub so to speak?
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    volsh wrote: »
    I'm not quite up to date on the housing situation so correct me if i'm wrong but don't your residence have to part of the city/town?..is it possible to have a house outside of the main hub so to speak?

Depends how you interpret them. Most likely you will be locked to a city but possible there will be the option for some cities to have multiple house locations "outside" the walls

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Cities will have houses/apartments, but freeholds will be outside of the city, but still inside the node ZoI.
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    swamp_house_by_jake_labz-d5ju796.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi8xYWI0YTM3YS00YWZkLTQ0NmItYjJlYi0zMTg4YjA2YzhiYmQvZDVqdTc5Ni02Mjg5NDRlYy1mY2ZhLTQ4MWMtOTA2Ny0xMDdiZDZmMzIyMGUuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEzNjkiLCJoZWlnaHQiOiI8PTU4MyJ9XV19.-Fd4ajQqb3InbFf7S-DLTtMQ5QxYFmn5CGUjhGIPppQ
    giphy.gif
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    castle%20in%20a%20cave.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    tumblr_nqz83qXYzN1qhttpto5_540.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Chezshire wrote: »
    tumblr_nqz83qXYzN1qhttpto5_540.jpg

It's fun to speculate about your personality based on your house of choice :)
    Mourkain_tomb_concept.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2020
    This baby:
    tumblr_nig90n4UKF1qdid12o1_500.jpg

Or this:
    castle-in-the-sky-george-grie.jpg
  • grisugrisu Member
    With all that I plan in Ashes I would want it to be some lost little spot deep in a magical place. Away from all the trouble buzzing. Just peace and quiet to sip some tea and read a good book.
    gy7gcc.png
    tumblr_ows99i7pDY1wx4a0go4_500.gifv

That's the more "realistic" expectation for it. If I think about totally never going to happen it would maybe be this.

japanese-castle-fantasy-sci-fi-art-b446.jpg
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    While waiting for my Alpha access I'm plying a game called Citadel Forged in Fire. The game overall is meh at best but it's got one of the most detailed house builders ever. I've Probably sunk close to 50 hours into just gathering mats for and constructing my castle
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I live in a beaver lodge so you can't come in if you're wearing armor or you'll drown.
    fNX2ISa.png

grisu wrote: »
    With all that I plan in Ashes I would want it to be some lost little spot deep in a magical place. Away from all the trouble buzzing. Just peace and quiet to sip some tea and read a good book.
    gy7gcc.png
    tumblr_ows99i7pDY1wx4a0go4_500.gifv

That's the more "realistic" expectation for it. If I think about totally never going to happen it would maybe be this.

japanese-castle-fantasy-sci-fi-art-b446.jpg

good choice

rAQI8vX.gif
    nJ0vUSm.gif