Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

In-Game unlocked Cosmetics?

I understand that there will be a cosmetic no P2W based cash shop which i fully support, but will there be a good amount of collectibles such as equipment skins and mount skins to be unlocked within the game? I think this is important and adds another layer of reward for certain content that there is a chance to get a common to rare skin by defeating a boss or a certain creature, etc.. Especially with mounts! :)
RAZOR
Lineage 2 Veteran

Comments

• JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Yes there will be

Areans will unlock cosmetics instead of gear

Steven has always said that the amount of cosmetics available in game will be at least equal to, but more than likely surpass, the number that have been sold in the cash shop.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Jahlon wrote: »
    Yes there will be

Areans will unlock cosmetics instead of gear

Steven has always said that the amount of cosmetics available in game will be at least equal to, but more than likely surpass, the number that have been sold in the cash shop.

Okay! That sounds amazing! Thank you for your time and answer :)
    RAZOR
    Lineage 2 Veteran
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes. One of the things he mentioned is that the items sold in the cash shop are going to mostly be special versions of things in the game.
    Like there may be an item that the only way to get it in turquoise is through the cash shop. But a blue version and a green version will be available in game.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yes. One of the things he mentioned is that the items sold in the cash shop are going to mostly be special versions of things in the game.
    Like there may be an item that the only way to get it in turquoise is through the cash shop. But a blue version and a green version will be available in game.

One random question that this has bought up for me - that I honestly don't have the time to look up an answer to right now - is whether or not items will be able to be dyed. I was under the impression that this was intended to be a thing, but I may be thinking about a totally different game as I'm sure I am remembering something from 2017 - and I had my eye on a few games back then.
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    noaani wrote: »

One random question that this has bought up for me - that I honestly don't have the time to look up an answer to right now - is whether or not items will be able to be dyed. I was under the impression that this was intended to be a thing, but I may be thinking about a totally different game as I'm sure I am remembering something from 2017 - and I had my eye on a few games back then.

I distinctly remember one of the livestreams mentioning we could dye armor to an extent. I can't remember which livestream it was, but I fell like it was augusts? https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-07-31-groves-of-slumbering-shade Idk I vaguely remember the titanbark armor being mentioned when they talked about what parts we would be able to dye on armor.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Caeryl @noaani Dyes are indeed a thing. KS backers even get an exclusive reusable set that will not expire. Dyes crafted in game and bought from the store will be single use.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Dyes
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Ah cool. That does make me wonder how much of an item will be able to be dyed if they are using color as a means of differentiating some store items, but I'm sure they will have a plan.