Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

More Information on Tulnar?

NolchoxNolchox Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I was wondering if we've gotten any more information about the Tulnar? If we've gotten any more pieces of concept art or just really any new information on them. They're the race I'm most looking forward to, but haven't heard very much about.
jwj9g5n9t04q.jpg
"There is wisdom and there is ignorance, and in between are the gateways to eternity through which the Old Ones so long ago passed."
-Lord Xuatep

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I also prefer the Tulnar above any other race, and I am also sad as always, that they show close to no love to us...
    All other races have extensive stile guides about their buildings etc, while Tulnar have silhouettes....
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They are filthy mutants that must be wiped of the face of Verra
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    Nagash wrote: »

Just like the undead
    edited June 2020

I will give you "filthy mutants" you bag of bones without any purpose in unlife! :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @redhawk1817 They were a stretch goal and most likely will be the last race to be revealed. Since they have gotten less than half done, expect to wait for a while.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don’t mind them being underground if they stay there though.

Hhak63P.png
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Tulnar enjoy long walks on the beach and honest intimate conversations, as well as prolonged eye contact. Their turn offs are dogs that bark too much and people who step on their tails.
    fNX2ISa.png

Atama wrote: »

That ruins my property prices. I mean they spread corruption
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

That is meanspirited slander! ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »

tell that to my agent
    nJ0vUSm.gif

tell that to my agent

But your agent is a mindless fleshpuppet!
    a6XEiIf.gif

tell that to my agent

I will have you know that Samantha is a kobold
    nJ0vUSm.gif

tell that to my agent

I will have you know that Samantha is a kobold

Does she still need to breath or is that just one of your commands, to have her appear more lifelike?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • RyufuRyufu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am curious how this race will impact the base character stats vs other races. Human races are generally the average, so what will the Tulnar be like?
  • WongWong Member, Intrepid Pack
    Almost no significant information is out about the race. It being a stretch goal and all, it will probably be some times before we see anything in regards to them in the game.
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • WongWong Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2020
    leonerdo wrote: »
    mrsynth wrote: »
    Almost no significant information is out about the race. It being a stretch goal and all, it will probably be some times before we see anything in regards to them in the game.

That reminds me, Intrepid said something like, they're not going to let stretch goals delay the release of the game. In other words, everything else has a much higher priority. So it makes sense that they wouldn't even start working on Tulnar until all the other races are nearly complete. And we've hardly seen anything from the orc race, so it will definitely be a while.

Yeap, exactly. The idea of the strech goals is to have those features in the game on release. Now given the state we are in, i don't think we will see much of any race anytime soon. I think currently only 1 dwarf and 1 human race is in the Alpha tests.

Alpha 2 is supposed to have most if not all races, classes, node types etc. Of course bits and pieces might come out in Alpha , although i doubt it, but Tulnar are not a primary focus at the moment.

I am almost 100% sure they are working on the Tulnar race in terms of models, meshes etc, but it's a complicated thing to have a race that is a combination of several others. It is for sure going to be very unique looking.
    Ryufu wrote: »
    I am curious how this race will impact the base character stats vs other races. Human races are generally the average, so what will the Tulnar be like?

I always imagined the Tulnar to be the ultimate generic race, if you cant decide tbh.
    They are supposed to consist of three races that intermingled with one another over the decades.

What do you go for if you dont know what you wanna play as? Tulnar, they can be whatever you want in the charactercreator.
    Want a tail? Shure. Want to look like an elf, but rather then a tree-hugger or a snob you can be a lizard lover.
    They can be tall or small, thin or thick, scaly not scaly.

I personally will go for a rather thin male lizardman (if they do include them as an option) ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • RyufuRyufu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I always imagined the Tulnar to be the ultimate generic race, if you cant decide tbh.
    They are supposed to consist of three races that intermingled with one another over the decades.

What do you go for if you dont know what you wanna play as? Tulnar, they can be whatever you want in the charactercreator.
    Want a tail? Shure. Want to look like an elf, but rather then a tree-hugger or a snob you can be a lizard lover.

I personally will go for a rather thin male lizardman (if they do include them as an option) ;D

Yeah, what I am saying is that the human race is average stat-wise so what would Tulnar be? Are you saying they should also have the same base stats as the humans too?
  • JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I always thought of them more as a slightly corrupted/demonicish type but not really. Since they've spent so much time in the world where the corruption was rampant (I might be wrong but I've been thinking of it a little like radiation and since they've been here so long they've built a tolerance to "radiation poisoning" but "corruption poisoning")

And if they're in the under...realm...dark...I forget, but the stream showed them walking through poisonish gas to get down there and lot's of deadly water type things.

I've been thinking of them more as an adjustable tiefling from DnD kind of race, but I might be way off.
    Maybe they have good poison resistance, maybe some better constitution/dex in order to survive in their harsh environment, or maybe some better intelligence or wisdom since they could draw from the histories of multiple races and generations of the land

• NolchoxNolchox Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Yeah, from their concepts they've showed, I'm wanting to make a bulky lizardman barbarian if possible. Fingers crossed that they'll have something along those lines.
    jwj9g5n9t04q.jpg
    "There is wisdom and there is ignorance, and in between are the gateways to eternity through which the Old Ones so long ago passed."
    -Lord Xuatep

Yeah, from their concepts they've showed, I'm wanting to make a bulky lizardman barbarian if possible. Fingers crossed that they'll have something along those lines.

Mazdamundi would be proud
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• insomniainsomnia Member
    edited June 2020
    "The Tulnar race will be in place before Alpha-2. Concepts and early works are expected at that time"

Taken from the wiki. Then it is just about how much they are on the schedule, with this. That took less than a min to find
  • NolchoxNolchox Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    insomnia wrote: »
    "The Tulnar race will be in place before Alpha-2. Concepts and early works are expected at that time"

Taken from the wiki. Then it is just about how much they are on the schedule, with this. That took less than a min to find

Yes, I have already reviewed the wiki and knew that. I was curious if they had shown anymore possible concepts or even character models within their more recent live streams. Which I know it is only early alpha 1 right now, just wanted to make sure if I missed anything they might've snuck in that I might've missed.
    jwj9g5n9t04q.jpg
    -Lord Xuatep
  • insomnia wrote: »

Yes, I have already reviewed the wiki and knew that. I was curious if they had shown anymore possible concepts or even character models within their more recent live streams. Which I know it is only early alpha 1 right now, just wanted to make sure if I missed anything they might've snuck in that I might've missed.
    Jahlon wrote: »

they have silhouttes on there:)
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    To be honest i don't know what exactly to expect from the Tulnar...
    But they have this feeling of Vastayan race from LoL, since it seems every Tulnar could be completely different from each other

joon-ahn-vastaya-2560.jpg?1491267963

The silhouettes from the wiki resembles more to lizards than anything else, but as far as i know they must be in the game for the A-2, so...maybe we could hear about them next year?
    giphy.gif
    If I say a single rat-man tulnar im blowing up the underworld
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Totally agree. Especially if they have green glowy eyes and speak in double words.