Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Guild Finder

NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Hello. I thought it would be a good idea to bring back the guild finder from the old forums. The idea of this thread is for people who wish to join guilds but are not sure which one to join. All you need to do is use this template and fill it in with your information and the potential guilds can look for members.

User name:

type of gameplay: e,g, PVP PVE PVX

playstyle:

what class you may pick:

Server:

what you want from a guild:

Any addition information: (optional)

If any guilds want to contact people on this list I would suggest sending PMs.

Please remember to keep this thread clean and no personal information such as real names and the like
nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

Comments

• AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wouldn't this work better in the guild recruitment forums? General discussion cycles fast enough that this could be quickly buried.
    k2U15J3.png
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    Yeah, plus with A1 still a few months out at least, it’s a bit premature to start trying to make a mass guild recruiting tool.

The guild advertising forums do the job pretty well for what we have right now
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah I gave up on my guild that fell apart years ago. I'm waiting until we have a legit idea when we will be playing.

Hhak63P.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Im just gonna throw this in here ;D:
    The Hand of Unity is always looking for new comrades!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • MosephMoseph Member
    edited May 2020
    I would love some type of search and sort ability for guilds. Something with check boxes, so you could check guild focuses such as open world PvP, arena PvP, raiding, HC raiding, progression, crafting, ect.. and then follow that up with a sort ability of some kind like guild pop (low to high or high to low), average level (low to high or high to low), location (alphabetical), Guild founding date, you get the idea. From there you could go to the individual guild pages and read their description.

I bet it would reduce the frequency of people changing guilds thereby increasing guild lifespan and camaraderie.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2020
    Moseph wrote: »
    I would love some type of search and sort ability for guilds. Something with check boxes, so you could check guild focuses such as open world PvP, arena PvP, raiding, HC raiding, progression, crafting, ect.. and then follow that up with a sort ability of some kind like guild pop (low to high or high to low), average level (low to high or high to low), location (alphabetical), Guild founding date, you get the idea. From there you could go to the individual guild pages and read their description.

I bet it would reduce the frequency of people changing guilds thereby increasing guild lifespan and camaraderie.

Archeage had this.

It would have been good if used well, but was just too easy to misuse. There were no real detrimental effects to misusing it, other than what few new players there were to the game quickly realizing that it was more of a joke to most guilds than a tool, so it isn't like it was a bad thing for the game over all - it was just a waste of time putting it in to that game in the manner they developed it.

To me, if a developer wants a tool like this to actually work as the intention seems to be (help players find guilds), rather than leaving it up to players to check what things the guild wants to check, the game should instead show what the guild has done. Hardest PvE boss killed, average kvD ratio of the whole guild in PvP, leveling options the guild has chosen, that sort of thing.

As long as players are left to check the options they want, it will be a lot less useful.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How would making guilds easier to find cut down on people hopping guilds? Wouldn't that increase the chances? Because then people could just look at slightly different checkboxes.
  • MosephMoseph Member
    edited May 2020
    How would making guilds easier to find cut down on people hopping guilds? Wouldn't that increase the chances? Because then people could just look at slightly different checkboxes.

I feel that it would increase the chances of someone finding a guild that they actually fit with. Rather than joining a guild, discovering they're not into the same thing as you, quitting, and looking for another guild, you'd be able to narrow your search.

It might take a few guild swaps for someone to find their "home" but they'd only have to search through 100s of possible guilds instead of 1000s. In the end i think it would reduce the total number of times someone swapped guilds to find the place they're comfortable.

How do you see it increasing the rate of guild swap?
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2020
    You even said that it might take a few guild swaps before finding one. That in my opinion would constitute an increase.
    Without the finder, you would go with grouping or ask friends to check out a guild. Going that route, you would probably find a guild that you fit better.
    I guess I have been lucky with the games I play. For example, in EQ2, the first guild I joined (a year or 2 after launch) I am still with.
  • MosephMoseph Member
    edited May 2020
    It has been my observation, that your experience with finding only one guild and sticking with it, is not the norm. I'm only speaking from personal observations though.
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2023
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • ]Well purpose of a guild finder is that you get to search much like a data base saving you lots of time even with a search function ten or more guilds may pop up. Being in a guild that suits you is a very important aspect of an MMO.
  • I think this would be a good idea. I searched for guild finder and found this post. I've been looking at the guilds forum and haven't found my match yet. Plenty of time yet but would be nice having this tool.