Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

More Information on Tulnar?

2»

Comments

• AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2020
    Nagash wrote: »
    If I say a single rat-man tulnar im blowing up the underworld
    But then who will teach ninjutsu to the Tulnar turtle-men? :(

Hhak63P.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2020
    Atama wrote: »
    But then who will teach ninjutsu to the Tulnar turtle-men? :(

Not a Ratman. EVER!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Totally agree. Especially if they have green glowy eyes and speak in double words.

Man-things speak in riddles, yes-yes. We be no simple-small rat-man... W-WE BE BIG RAT-MEN THATS GONNA RIP-TEAR YOU APART WITH CLAWS-TEETH! MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Tulnar like to eat dwarves.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Since there is a lack of sufficient lore on them right now I just use the next closest template: Drow and Menzoberranzan.
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Tulnar have been canceled because people turned them into a fetish.
    And how long ago did they cancel elves then? :D

Hhak63P.png
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Elves are immune to cancellation, fetishes be damned.
    k2U15J3.png
    edited June 2020
    Azryil wrote: »

Elves are immune to cancellation, fetishes be damned.
    They do, however, diminish and go into the West. (I think Galadriel was griping that elves got nerfed, but frankly it was due. They were so freaking OP. And she was clearly a Munchkin with that Ring of Power, so QQ.)

Hhak63P.png
  • insomnia wrote: »
    "The Tulnar race will be in place before Alpha-2. Concepts and early works are expected at that time"

Taken from the wiki. Then it is just about how much they are on the schedule, with this. That took less than a min to find

Yes, I have already reviewed the wiki and knew that. I was curious if they had shown anymore possible concepts or even character models within their more recent live streams. Which I know it is only early alpha 1 right now, just wanted to make sure if I missed anything they might've snuck in that I might've missed.

If there where, then i think it would have been put on the wiki

a rat is a rodent
  • Jamation wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    I always imagined the Tulnar to be the ultimate generic race, if you cant decide tbh.
    They are supposed to consist of three races that intermingled with one another over the decades.

They can be tall or small, thin or thick, scaly not scaly.

I personally will go for a rather thin male lizardman (if they do include them as an option) ;D

I always thought of them more as a slightly corrupted/demonicish type but not really. Since they've spent so much time in the world where the corruption was rampant (I might be wrong but I've been thinking of it a little like radiation and since they've been here so long they've built a tolerance to "radiation poisoning" but "corruption poisoning")

And if they're in the under...realm...dark...I forget, but the stream showed them walking through poisonish gas to get down there and lot's of deadly water type things.

I've been thinking of them more as an adjustable tiefling from DnD kind of race, but I might be way off.
    Maybe they have good poison resistance, maybe some better constitution/dex in order to survive in their harsh environment, or maybe some better intelligence or wisdom since they could draw from the histories of multiple races and generations of the land

I have a feeling mammalian might be for strenght. reptilian for dex and humanoid for intelligence. Or reptilian and humanoid is switched
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2020
    sunfrog wrote: »
    Tulnar like to eat dwarves.

I like the crunch, what can i say? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • BunjaBunja Member
    They are filthy mutants that must be wiped of the face of Verra

Well, they are the true natives of Verra, the other 4 races are invading their world. They are coming back after abandoning Verra and lived a happy life while the Tulnar remained on hell and survived. If anything, the natives of Verra, and the most badass class would be Tulnar. The rest are the cowards.
  • Ryufu wrote: »
    I am curious how this race will impact the base character stats vs other races. Human races are generally the average, so what will the Tulnar be like?

The below average xD
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Bunja wrote: »
    They are filthy mutants that must be wiped of the face of Verra

Well, they are the true natives of Verra, the other 4 races are invading their world. They are coming back after abandoning Verra and lived a happy life while the Tulnar remained on hell and survived. If anything, the natives of Verra, and the most badass class would be Tulnar. The rest are the cowards.

At this point they are nothing more than monsters that must be slain
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace