Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Let our pets ride on our heads and shoulders

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
It would be real cute and my dark lizard would match my dark robes set

Comments

• DanteDante Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This would be nice, its the little things that make ya happy. I remember my first time in BDO and I was able to "lean" on walls and correctly sit on edges of buildings and such. Thought that was awesome.
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm personally not a fan of this idea unless it's a appropriate pet like a bird riding on your shoulder. I played Revelation Online for about 5 minutes and quite the minute I saw someone running around with a Panda on their head. It looked absolutely ridiculous and breaks immersion.
  • I have three pets and I just wanted to say that nothing like a morning cup of orange juice would neutralize all of the perceived negativity. A daystrider riding on your shoulder is like a hat except that the hat is sometimes easier to put on depending on the conditions. Unless if the pet falls off and gets hurt then just say normally how there are hospitals and clinics and silverware doesn't break if cared for and your daystrider will hop right back up. No need for healing hands, a kit, or cleric spells.
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That would be super cute :open_mouth:
  • HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    I think they wanted the hawk to do this. They even have the hawk animations to do it inside the Dunewing Falcon trailer. The falcon's legs were slightly clipping into the human that they were standing, so I think it's actually meant to be a thing.
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    darthaden wrote: »
    I'm personally not a fan of this idea unless it's a appropriate pet like a bird riding on your shoulder. I played Revelation Online for about 5 minutes and quite the minute I saw someone running around with a Panda on their head. It looked absolutely ridiculous and breaks immersion.

If you see a person in real life having an animal on his back, shoulder or head, does it break your real life immersion? ;)
  • WuqingYeWuqingYe Member
    edited July 2020
    I'd love my star crawler to ride on my shoulder! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Marzzo wrote: »
    darthaden wrote: »

If you see a person in real life having an animal on his back, shoulder or head, does it break your real life immersion? ;)
    Yes.

It’s even worse when I’m the person with the animal on me, and I didn’t expect it.

Hhak63P.png
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    Imagine we could get gigant centipedes, spiders or scarabs and have them crawling all around us while we are in a tavern :#

latest?cb=20110209223932&path-prefix=en
    giphy.gif