Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Development Update Live Stream - Friday, July 31, 2020 at 11AM PDT

edited July 2020 in Announcements
july_reminder.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Friday, July 31 at 11AM PDT! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Please note that since we'll be hosting a live Reddit & Twitch AMA this weekend to answer all your questions, Q&A submissions will return for future development update streams!

We'll see you next week for our development update live stream! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

https://youtu.be/vI8DDBX7hD0
community_management.gif

Comments

• Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited July 2020
    Oh right I acted a little too quickly hehe 😅
    signature.png
  • ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    in regards to Combatant status when a Noncombatant attacks Corrupted players why do they stay non combatant that has been brought up recently and it raises a few questions also what if that NC dies to the corrupted player trying to kill them now they lose out on more bc they arent Combatants

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • NielsenNielsen Member
    edited July 2020
    i have a question towards the caravan system, it was stated that when you kill a monster it'll drop some kind of certificate, my question is: what will make players use the caravan system instead of travel from a city to another with small amounts of certificate, or the player will have that option?
  • TresTres Member
    After Alpha 1 will you focus on features for Alpha 2, or will you resume development on the missing Apoc phases, namely sieges and horde.
  • StreamHeatStreamHeat Member
    edited July 2020
    Is there a limit to player count regarding node sieges?
  • MichaelMichael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In the future would it be possible to have a very generic agenda for each scheduled streams?
  • nachopantsnachopants Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Excited for this, still have my fingers crossed in the alpha 1 ballot
  • Will there be a class that will be able to stalk people or have the ability to go in a fight stealthily, deal damage and get out
  • Pog
    eRfvzbn.jpg
  • Dünir will conquer the mountains.
  • nice
  • azurlazurl Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've read about there used to be a druid archetype, I get that it's hard/impossible to combine with other archetypes fully, but will there be wildshape abilities in other classes? or any kind of self-polymorph?
  • edited July 2020
    Hey folks - no need to share questions here or reserve spots or the like! As noted in the original post above, Q&A submissions will be returning in the future - we recommend prepping your questions for this weekend's AMA instead! <3
    community_management.gif
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    saving the question for AMA
  • Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    I have a question about freeholds. Will they be able to place next to or moderately close to one another so players could theoretically create their own small freehold village of several freeholds connected to one another?
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
    Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels
  • jointjoint Member, Intrepid Pack
    In some gameplay previews many enemies were staying still like dummies and just were waiting when you attack them. Are there plans to make human-type of enemies more alive? So, they would interact/chat or gather around bonfire while they are not in a battle?
  • floormatfloormat Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can't wait to see the stream!
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Sweet
  • How do you cure corruption? If I feel like going Rouge for a month and having noobs come flying at me for the funzies, how do I fix it when I wanna go back to RP. And do you summon mounts like in WoW? Thanks
  • Will we have a logout timer or will it be instantaneous?
    And if the latter, will corrupted have either a standard logout timer too or a prolonged timer to avoid logging out quickly to avoid being killed in battle by another player?
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    Would like to see a teaser for any of the following

Crafting
    Market
    Skill trees
    Player stat screens
    Various interface screens

• How intricate will the animal husbandry be? Are genetics involved, is there color variety, stuff like that. Love the game btw, keep up the good work <33
    logo10.png?width=280&height=277
  • FrameenFrameen Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will boats be involved in the siege of coastal nodes and or castles? If so will it be just for transporting people or will there be siege weapons you can put on boats?
  • SoulsOnFireSoulsOnFire Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    MoonBun wrote: »
    How intricate will the animal husbandry be? Are genetics involved, is there color variety, stuff like that. Love the game btw, keep up the good work <33

They have said this before. You can mix and create different animals with different colors and stats. I can't say the exact details but I'm sure you'll find it on the wiki.
    Tq3LCNj.png
  • Will you be able to keep your character from the alpha and beta tests.
  • SamsonSamson Member
    Tsimento wrote: »
    Will you be able to keep your character from the alpha and beta tests.

No
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • love the streams, cant wait!
    ocean-under-cloudy-sky-3968130_2_bcb5b6.jpg
  • ItsKaiItsKai Member
    I can't wait to watch :)
  • solid work
    8a7f3887ea8d4b2f11e678fdaef53fc8.gif
  • McKayyMcKayy Member
    in regards to Combatant status when a Noncombatant attacks Corrupted players why do they stay non combatant that has been brought up recently and it raises a few questions also what if that NC dies to the corrupted player trying to kill them now they lose out on more bc they arent Combatants

I believe this is because the system is focused on players who are corrupted appearing as almost, "Disturbing the peace," which comes with consequences. However, someone who is choosing to be peaceful, defending themselves from someone who is corrupt, doesn't necessarily mean that player is going out and seeking combat. Which then only a player with the intent of seeking pvp, would be marked as a combatant. I could be off base here but just what I think their intentions are.
    "If the world were to grow back it's heart, I then believe humans would help one another to achieve anything"