Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

my gmail treated the activation email as spam

what the hell has this happened to anyone, its the first time i try to get something registered treated as spam
if anyone also has the same problem please post a reply hopefly the devs will resolve it

Comments

• Options
    [quote quote=2283]what the hell has this happened to anyone, its the first time i try to get something registered treated as spam
    if anyone also has the same problem please post a reply hopefully the devs will resolve it

[/quote]

its happened to a fair few of us, however i thinks its more on gmail's spam protection than intrepids fault
  • Options
    gmail is very picky about email server setup.
    Failure to config a server using antispam policies will get you on their spam list quite easily.
    Especially if you are mass marketing.
  • Options
    Happened to me and my partner, too. The mail headers look pretty good - had dkim and spf pass, among other things. Perhaps it didn't like the x-mailer setting as lots of spambots use it? Some PHPMailer setting tweaks might stop it.

<code>X-Mailer: PHPMailer 5.2.14 (https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer)</code>
  • Options
    Reverse lookup probably.
    The SPF and reverse lookup dont match the IP address for the highest priority mail server (~all... softfail = weak).
    Theres no DKIM text setup on the dns host.

<blockquote>
    > set type=any
    > ashesofcreation.com
    Server: UnKnown
    Address: 192.168.2.254

Non-authoritative answer:
    ashesofcreation.com internet address = 104.198.29.182
    ashesofcreation.com nameserver = ns13.domaincontrol.com
    ashesofcreation.com nameserver = ns14.domaincontrol.com
    ashesofcreation.com
    primary name server = ns13.domaincontrol.com
    responsible mail addr = dns.jomax.net
    serial = 2017010500
    refresh = 28800 (8 hours)
    retry = 7200 (2 hours)
    expire = 604800 (7 days)
    default TTL = 600 (10 mins)
    ashesofcreation.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mailstore1.secureserver.net
    ashesofcreation.com MX preference = 0, mail exchanger = smtp.secureserver.net
    ashesofcreation.com text = "google-site-verification=Stk8DWCgnV161gKTUQ2ppj03lpw4kYDRH10t6Vmr0Q4"
    ashesofcreation.com text = "v=spf1 include:sparkpostmail.com ~all"

> smtp.secureserver.net
    Non-authoritative answer:
    smtp.secureserver.net internet address = 68.178.213.37

> 68.178.213.37
    Name: p3plibsmtp02-v01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
    Address: 68.178.213.37

>tracert 68.178.213.37

Tracing route to p3plibsmtp02-v01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net [68.178.213.37]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    </blockquote>

Teething issues probably.
    They'll sort it no doubt.