Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Freehold Placement System

Fisherman SushiFisherman Sushi Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hi all,

Thanks for all the hardwork. The game is sounding wonderful!

My question is in regards to a statement made by Jeff at the end of the June Development + early housing discussion. Someone from the chat asked the question if he would be able to have a "backyard" dungeon in his freehold. Or if a dungeon could spawn in his backyard after the node progresses. Jeff said something along the lines that you would receive a message saying that you could not place your freehold in this area to prevent that from happening.

If that is the case would players be able to "place" freeholds to acquire information of important places of interest in the near future? It might seem small but I feel like it could directly impact the development of areas.

Thanks!

Fisherman Sushi

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just because the tool doesn't let you place it there does not mean it is going to announce "Cannot place here because Rock Candy Mountain dungeon may pop here in the future." You will most likely just see the bog standard green outline ok to place, red no placement indicators.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Fisherman SushiFisherman Sushi Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I know it wouldn't say something like that lol but it'd still give information.
  • Hi there - this sounds like a great follow-up question to include in a future AMA or Q&A session, and I'm sure it's something we'll also have you test as we dive into the freehold system further!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist you with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.