Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Unreal Engine 5?

I know this game is currently being built on unreal engine 4. With the announcement and release of unreal engine 5 within the next year, will the dev team consider moving to that engine instead to leverage the features that will be capable of?

This is coming from someone who knows basically nothing about the actual development process of games but was just curious.

Comments

• GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • @Gumdrops Oh, thank you! I'm really new to using forums so I never think to search. appreciate the link!
  • Hi there! Much appreciated for helping OP search for an answer here :smiley: as we've mentioned a few times before in previous threads and on live streams in response to similar questions, we're always keeping an eye on the latest technology to see what might be a good fit for Ashes of Creation as well!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything further we can assist you with!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.