Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Why is my.games being used over any other publisher?

The company is known for having terrible support, sensitive information leaks and all round dodgy business. I was sold on this game until I realised I have to give my payment info to this company. Just look at their reviews on any site. Massive oversight from Intrepid. At least the game will be good for NA :disappointed:

Comments

• Options
    mozbobmozbob Member
    Will I be able to purchase the game through the AoC launcher and access the EU server via the AoC launcher (I'll pay currency conversion), because I'm not willing to use my.games
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven said its because they are the only publishers that would not change the game
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    They were the only publisher willing to give intrepid complete creative control over the project through a contract. So they cant add any P2W or various things that intrepid wouldn't approve of.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    mozzah wrote: »
    Will I be able to purchase the game through the AoC launcher and access the EU server via the AoC launcher (I'll pay currency conversion), because I'm not willing to use my.games

Currently you can purchase from Intrepid. At some point before launch those wanting to play on EU servers will have to migrate their account to My.Games. If you play on EU servers you are My.Games. If you play on any other region , you are Intrepid. You will not be playing on EU servers through the Intrepid launcher. As others have mentioned there were a number of reasons why the deal was inked and we were told at the time that there are hard metrics to be met that can cause that deal to be re-evaluated.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Actually I think I read somewhere that we will still use the Intrepid launcher, but just using the my.games account to log in with.
    I have been burned by my.games myself in the past, and I friggin detest them. I don't trust them at all, and I hate, hate, hate that they will have my account info and that I will have to rely on them for customer support. They are prone to hacks, and they still don't have 2FA on their site.
    I know the server and support quality are stipulated in the contract, but I doubt they will be met, because their top management are greedy scumbags who see players only as cattle to milk. So while Intrepid is fighting with them after launch, we, the players, will suffer through bad service for months probably, until things get settled.
  • Options
    Watch this video, it will give you some idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGsXie8d8mM&t=374s

ALSO, THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR A NEW EU PUBLISHER.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AshesofCreation/comments/i01vqv/potential_change_in_eu_publisher/
  • Options
    Hi there - looks like folks already got OP some helpful answers above in regards to the reasoning for our partnership with my.games, as well as what to expect for playing on EU servers. I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything further we can help with!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.