Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

More Forum Sections Please

Having just a General Discussion section for most things kind of makes it kind of chaotic.

At least have a Questions and Suggestions section.

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You must be new to the forums
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »

Why yes, I am. Was just using Reddit before.
  • Nagash wrote: »

?
    "Don't be hasty."
    Nagash wrote: »

Why yes, I am. Was just using Reddit before.

Guessed as much. The forums are the lands that the Devs forgot.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We have been preaching and praying since the dark times. Since the forum closure of 2018!
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Its been a dark time since then
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Wait, so they don't look at the official forums at all? Do they just use Reddit?
    edited August 2020
    Nagash wrote: »
    Its been a dark time since then

We have lost so much of our history. But we have also gained more users.
    The gods of Intrepid giveth and taketh as they please.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Wait, so they don't look at the official forums at all? Do they just use Reddit?

they look at the forums but don't expect the forums to change
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Wait, so they don't look at the official forums at all? Do they just use Reddit?

They do look at the official forums.
    But they wont change them.
    We once had subforums and different catergories. Gameplay and Roleplay. Design and Questions.
    All gone with the wind.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Damokles wrote: »

We once had subforums and different catergories. Gameplay and Roleplay. Design and Questions.
    All gone with the wind.

What happened?
    Damokles wrote: »

All gone with the wind.

What happened?

They redid the forums in late 2018 until February 2019. Meaning that they took down the old forums and redid them from the ground up.
    For some reason, they didnt include any of the old subforums. :/
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Damokles wrote: »

All gone with the wind.

What happened?

They redid the forums in late 2018 until February 2019. Meaning that they took down the old forums and redid them from the ground up.

Wow. That sucks. Ya, that seems abandoned. Would you say it's better to use only Reddit instead?

All gone with the wind.

What happened?

Wow. That sucks. Ya, that seems abandoned. Would you say it's better to use only Reddit instead?

If you like reddit more then I would say yes
    nJ0vUSm.gif

All gone with the wind.

What happened?

Nah, I think that the Forums still have their unique feeling. I myself dont really like the AoC Discord for some reason (cant really tell why) and dont want my email full of notifications from reddit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You can turn off Reddit emails...

Virtue is the only good.
  • JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Just to be different. I kind of like this way better than the old forum. Now everything is right there in your face, no need to search through several folders to find what you need to read. Usually there were post in wrong folder. Now I do agree with the increase in forum traffic it has started to get a little robust, but still manageable and separate may be necessary soon, as long as they are policed.
    jubilum wrote: »
    Just to be different. I kind of like this way better than the old forum. Now everything is right there in your face, no need to search through several folders to find what you need to read. Usually there were post in wrong folder. Now I do agree with the increase in forum traffic it has started to get a little robust, but still manageable and separate may be necessary soon, as long as they are policed.

You take that back. The old forums were better in every way
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I would have to think a large reason for the removal of the sub-forums was that it saved a little bit of time in terms of moving threads arounf to the appropriate section. Kids these days don't seem to understand the difference between a Help and Support section and a Roleplayer section.

I myself have no specific preference.