Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A Question About Certificates Dropped By Monsters

What happens to them after you've sold them to an NPC?

For example, what happens to the 100 wolf pelts after I sell them to the hunter NPC for 10 gold?

Is it used to progress the node? Does the NPC then have a shop where people can buy the pelts for their crafting? Is it both or something else?

I'm curious since looking on the wiki Steven said on a livestream, "A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop 'pelts' that can be traded for gold."

If we're going for more a little more realism in this system I think my question is valid. An NPC can't eat wolf pelts so what do they do with it?

Comments

• CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Why do you care man? He might trade it to some tailor in exchange for something else. Just take your gold and live your life. This game isn't meant to be overly realistic.
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I bet costco thought the same thing...what is that person going to do with 100K rolls of tolit paper
  • What happens to them after you've sold them to an NPC?

For example, what happens to the 100 wolf pelts after I sell them to the hunter NPC for 10 gold?

Is it used to progress the node? Does the NPC then have a shop where people can buy the pelts for their crafting? Is it both or something else?

I'm curious since looking on the wiki Steven said on a livestream, "A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop 'pelts' that can be traded for gold."

If we're going for more a little more realism in this system I think my question is valid. An NPC can't eat wolf pelts so what do they do with it?

I think it's one of those system to generate gold that it's also a way to avoid hiper inflation.
    If you sell many certs of X animal prices will vary, this way it will enforce caravan system to move the goods to another where they might pay more.
  • It's totally fair to ask where those resources go, especially if there's a very real difference between resources rotating through the player economy or being swallowed up by npcs (if they do). If pelts from an NPC go into a caravan, that means it's never truly lost, it just gets carried around and used up eventually.

Fundamentally, it would mean that crafting, repairing and loss through pvp would be a more significant factor of getting rid of the resources in the world that the vendor void. Eve does something similar and it definitely makes for a holistic feel of the world.
    BlackBrony wrote: »
    I think it's one of those system to generate gold that it's also a way to avoid hiper inflation.
    If you sell many certs of X animal prices will vary, this way it will enforce caravan system to move the goods to another where they might pay more.

I agree with that, though i think the question is where the mats go, not where the gold comes from.