Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Few suggestions after latest development update

AlGazeeAlGazee Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
1. lumber harvesting, you could make it more realistic by making an option to harvest any tree in game, or having different types of wood gathered in different zones. Also having it respawn gradually over time would be more realistic.
Regarding animation of falling tree, the line of cutting should be lower to make it more realistic, in addition it should stay bit longer on the ground after falling.
It would be even more realistic, if players would only tag the trees or other heavy duty resources (like stone and ores), report find to the hub, freehold or storage(or another structure designated for that) and have workers npc to harvest it for them. (whoever invested more in the heavy resources processing, gathers them faster - i think its better to upgrade your resource collection rather then upgrading and reforging your pick axe), naturally rare and fine resources are excluded from this concept, gathering of other finer resources is done by players using tools.

2. Braziers in dungeons, (and in general) maybe having them made interactable, so they could be lit by players.

3. Mount jumps way to high (as seen in the video during last dev. update)

Comments

• 1)This is not a single-player rpg game. Its an MMORPG. Its not meant to be overly realistic. Stop sacrificing player convenience to chase for realism.

2) Don't know what brazers are. Just googled it, and oh boy, the images are NOT appropriate.

3) Most of the jumping that Steven's horse did in the recent dev update, was from high ground to low ground. So I don't know what you're saying in this point either.
  • A brazier is a bowl of wood, charcoal or fuel that can be lit to illuminate an area (kinda like a lantern).
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • CaptnChuck wrote: »
    1)This is not a single-player rpg game. Its an MMORPG. Its not meant to be overly realistic. Stop sacrificing player convenience to chase for realism.

2) Don't know what brazers are. Just googled it, and oh boy, the images are NOT appropriate.

3) Most of the jumping that Steven's horse did in the recent dev update, was from high ground to low ground. So I don't know what you're saying in this point either.

Well I only suggested, i did not sacrifice anything to anyone, i still think my suggestion is actually more convenient, since this will get overwhelming in the fields as it is.
    As for "brazers"', it was lapsus, but I guess you saw what you really wanted to see! I believe you are better then this!
    peace!
  • AlGazee wrote: »
    1. lumber harvesting, you could make it more realistic by making an option to harvest any tree in game, or having different types of wood gathered in different zones. Also having it respawn gradually over time would be more realistic.
    Regarding animation of falling tree, the line of cutting should be lower to make it more realistic, in addition it should stay bit longer on the ground after falling.
    It would be even more realistic, if players would only tag the trees or other heavy duty resources (like stone and ores), report find to the hub, freehold or storage(or another structure designated for that) and have workers npc to harvest it for them. (whoever invested more in the heavy resources processing, gathers them faster - i think its better to upgrade your resource collection rather then upgrading and reforging your pick axe), naturally rare and fine resources are excluded from this concept, gathering of other finer resources is done by players using tools.

2. Braziers in dungeons, (and in general) maybe having them made interactable, so they could be lit by players.

3. Mount jumps way to high (as seen in the video during last dev. update)

1.a Infinite supply of trees would make wood nearly worthless unless the amount looted was puny, and that would feel horrible for any would be lumberjacks There are multiple problems with that approatch.
    1.b I agree with the idea about marking a tree and having a gang of NPC's come chop it down for you. In my opinion, it would be a great "mastered" feature for the profession of lumberjack.

2. It's a minor quality of life improvement that sacrifices part of their vision for the dungeon.
    Don't think they will do this one, but it's definitely something they pretty easily could if they wanted.

3. I agree, but it may have been due to forced perspective, i don't know.
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • 1) Back in ye olden days they used a horse to pull the lumber out of the forest. Looks weird, but understandable that a giant tree goes "poof" and ends up in your back pack from a design point. Even tho one could just switch the caravan, with a tree log, concerning mechanics. Have it pulled back with your mount to your freehold. Then start the tree gathering by splitting the log etc. And have each giant tree give a lot of wood.

2) Braziers, who and what are the people/things that goes around refueling these with wood? I need to know!
  • I'd like it if each profession had a different mini game associated with gathering or crafting. This can make them fun and less brain dead while also getting rid of botting before it even starts.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • It would certainly be a nice change to see something else then, walk up to said resource and press this button once.