Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Has Intrepid considered a physical collectors edition box for us box collectors?

daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Far fetched, with the overhead costs involved, but figured I'd ask. I'm a big fan of game boxes and still have my original Vanilla WoW box. Unfortunately not collectors edition.

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There won't be any boxes. I'm a purchase of Collectors Editions too. I would be happier if they allow Lifetime Subscriptions in the new Alpha 1 Package if the Alpha 1 Package does materialise. The game is digital only.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    There won't be any boxes. I'm a purchase of Collectors Editions too. I would be happier if they allow Lifetime Subscriptions in the new Alpha 1 Package if the Alpha 1 Package does materialise. The game is digital only.

Yeah ive been told they are distributing digitally, but I don't think it's unprecedented for a game to still sell limited box copies for collectors. Was worth asking I think
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Yeah, I've expressed the desire before mate. I'm like you lol.

I would expect fair transactions from IS though, I've already paid close to the $400 dollar Alpha 1 Packs for Alpha 2. Then would have to upgrade again for Alpha 1. I have no concerns. IS make excellent progress and are worth the investment.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Neurath wrote: »

I would expect fair transactions from IS though, I've already paid close to the $400 dollar Alpha 1 Packs for Alpha 2. Then would have to upgrade again for Alpha 1. I have no concerns. IS make excellent progress and are worth the investment.

Patience is a virtue, just wait...

Money is hard to earn, but easy to spend.

In contradiction to everything I have said, I’d love a box edition too.

Virtue is the only good.
  • zklzkl Member
    tugowar wrote: »
    Neurath wrote: »

Patience is a virtue, just wait...

Money is hard to earn, but easy to spend.

In contradiction to everything I have said, I’d love a box edition too.

No, no, no... you got the wrong quote my friend.

"Patience is bitter, but the fruit is sweeet" :wink:
  • There’s no box at all so there isn’t going to be a potential for a collector’s box. Ashes is entirely subscription based
  • StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    I have personally considered a limited edition hand painted Phoenix model, with a concept art book autographed by the team as part of a collectors launch package. I cannot promise this, but if I find the right company to create the quality of product I would want it may become a thing. No promises though.
  • daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have personally considered a limited edition hand painted Phoenix model, with a concept art book autographed by the team as part of a collectors launch package. I cannot promise this, but if I find the right company to create the quality of product I would want it may become a thing. No promises though.

That sounds pretty sweet man. I'm sure many of us would be all for it! I'd be the one spamming refresh on the preorder page. hah! Thank you for commenting.
  • JexzJexz Member
    I wish I had world maps of all the mmo's I have played over the years.
  • querneyquerney Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would pay for a collectors edition for sure.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.” - Patrick Rothfuss
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    CompassionateLateHorseshoebat-small.gif
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • ZephiriusZephirius Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    I would totally buy a CE box. I've already spent a crazy level of money already on this game so what's a little more, right?
  • After watching the November Development Update I hunted for this Discussion!

I 100% want a collectors edition box. One of my favorites was a Diablo III box set that came with a USB thumb drive that was Diablo's soul stone that had the installers for Diablo II and the Expansion on it. I still have the original box from StarCraft when my mom bought it for my brother back in 1998, game boy games from the early 90's, almost all of the N64 games...I've got a problem...

Some games I don't care too much, but when you've been so HYPE for a game, getting an awesome box to open makes it so much more exciting.
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited December 2020
    That phoenix model mentioned above, autographed artwork book, maybe some maps, posters, CD of the in-game music... hell yeah!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • If it comes with a hand-signed autograph book, I could be interested. The merch you can get done by AliExpress vendors, but real signatures are personal and authentic.
    EternalFliPSignature.png
    Eternal Guild
    ( Web | Discord )
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    sorcerer wrote: »

I have collected various gaming statues over the yeas to the point where I have a statue area with lighting. I would be 100% down to buy any statue that is created to represent the launch of AOC. Hopefully you will find a decent company for this project :smiley:
  • FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think that is the first time that I have heard of physical items in a collectors edition that I would actually consider buying. It sounds nice. I would have to see a picture of the phoenix though.
  • DargronDargron Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    A concept art book is always an instant buy from me.
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would buy two
  • Neurath wrote: »

That wouldn't be fair to the original backers
  • sorcerer wrote: »

This would be amazing! A phoenix model would look great in my display case! I understand no promises can be made, but still this is exciting!