Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

KS & Region lock

Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited July 2020 in Support & FAQ
I'd like to get a clarification regards kickstarter packs and how they'll play out with different regions

For example, the life time sub, would it apply for only one of the regions once I choose or will it be bound to the account in general regardless the region so I'll be able to switch if I'd like?

Thanks

Comments

• Drag13Drag13 Member
    From the interviews I have watched it should be account bound, not locked to the server. The big reason for this belief is because they have backup plans for server merges if server population gets to low in the future. It only makes sense that your kickstarter bonuses would follow you to whichever server/region you are moved too.

That being said I don't know for sure.
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I highly doubt they will region block an account feature this big unless they want a lot of people getting angry.
  • Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The thing that worries me is the split with my.com
    It might complicate things in that matter
  • Pravchenski believes it would make sense that it is account bound more than anything, heaven forbids all your well spent rubils go down the drain and you are left clothless and bonusless, Pravchenski would feel sad for such things to happen for you. So in that case Pravchenski offers free booze and bearded women for all those who are experiencing such hardships.
    Pravchenski's Tavern and Brothel, Down your Booze like you down your Women, Bearded Dwarves in Drag!

-Pravchenski, yelling this at some twigs in sand, in a desert.
  • The norm these days is that you are free to play on any server you want and the stuff follows you. It's really only console games that require a certain version of the game to not have world server list choice.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • InkEyesInkEyes Member
    edited August 2020
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    The norm these days is that you are free to play on any server you want and the stuff follows you. It's really only console games that require a certain version of the game to not have world server list choice.

it won't be like that because certain items will be unavailable on some servers based on nodes. you can change region but your characters and items will stay in that region 100%.(or get deleted)
  • Hi there! You can check out a bit more on where we've covered transferring your subscription over on the helpful community-run wiki here. However, I'm not sure that we've answered specifically whether you'd be able to switch on a regular basis or have your lifetime subscription apply to multiple regions at once, so that may be a great follow-up question to ask our team in an upcoming AMA or live stream!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything further we can assist with!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.