Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hidden Dungeon Treasures

Rogues have the ability to find hidden treasures in dungeons. Do these rewards go towards the looting system of the party or directly to the rogue that's picked up the treasure?
Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif

Comments

• Keep away from my rogue lootz ;D
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dummo wrote: »
    Rogues have the ability to find hidden treasures in dungeons. Do these rewards go towards the looting system of the party or directly to the rogue that's picked up the treasure?

The wiki suggests mage can also find them.
    "Reveal secret passages and magically hidden terrain around you. Casts light and reveals magical explosive hazards"
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd really like some hidden treasure. Some of tjeerdk findable to all hidden deep in the dungeon. Maybe not always in the same spot to keep it exciting
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    My guess is the general loot table. The rogue's ability shows hidden doors and there still might be mobs between the group and the treasure. If the rest of the group has no shot at the treasure theres no incentive for pugs to bother with it. Each class has non combat utility skills in order to incentivize groups to bring as diverse of a group as possible. So the rogue's ability to find hidden rooms is why you want to specifically look for a rogue for your party if you dknt already have one over a second dps of another class you already have
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Aardvark wrote: »

"Reveal secret passages and magically hidden terrain around you. Casts light and reveals magical explosive hazards"

Mages will mostlikely reveal shortcuts, while rogues probably have the ability to show hidden treasurerooms.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Aardvark wrote: »

Fair enough, directly to the finder of the treasure then.
    darthaden wrote: »
    My guess is the general loot table. The rogue's ability shows hidden doors and there still might be mobs between the group and the treasure. If the rest of the group has no shot at the treasure theres no incentive for pugs to bother with it. Each class has non combat utility skills in order to incentivize groups to bring as diverse of a group as possible. So the rogue's ability to find hidden rooms is why you want to specifically look for a rogue for your party if you dknt already have one over a second dps of another class you already have

That makes sense.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think from the AMA we can assume each class's utility ability will function differently and provide different benefits.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Over1anderOver1ander Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you're in a party It should be assumed it will be rolled on, NOW on the other hand if the util classes are solo and can make their way to these hidden loot spots I can imagine you gain loot solo. My assumption is that these hidden loot rooms will have additional difficulty requiring a party to clear it before obtaining the loot.
  • The devs have said that if you are doing a unique religious or thieves guild quest then if you are in a dungeon and you find a religious quest related dagger in a chest, only you will see it and that quest loot that only you had will not be shared.

But back to your main question, if a rogue uncovers a hidden chest and loots the gold in it would it be split to the group... my guess is yes.
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Me the Rogue -"you guys go on ahead. Just got to tie my shoes"

Slips into treasure room and dives into a pile of loot like Scrooge McDuck.

"Sorry about that. What I miss?"
    E6qgOoi.png