Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Some ideas from a player perspective

Hi,

First of all i want to say iam thrilled with this MMO and have good feelings about it.

I just want to share some ideas that me and a friend had for years and still waiting for an mmo to come up with this.
If an mage is going to be introduced it wil highly use the power of the elements(elementalist) but instead of this we would love it to control specific elements and have a skill arsenal of this element for example a fire or water mage.

In the years i have noticed there are non too few games who can portray the beautifull skills of water magic so i think if the team would focus on this and make it happen in a succesfull way it could be an great addition.

Soothing water skills that can heal but also be used to damage or capture enemies in bubbles. (please let this happen instead of the regular ice skills)

also fire, earth magic and an TRUELY air mage that uses gusts and winds and not heavily only electric(maybe even float or slightly speed).

Other focus on mages could be telekinetic(CC magic and damage), necromancy etc.

I also would want to share the focus on character creation.

What most mmos do is forget about the importancy of personalisation.
In my eyes having an unique character that others come and tell that she is gorgues and how i made her feels already like an big accomplisment.(this mostly happened in black desert because of its major character creation options)
I hope that this game wil take it to the next level and bring more shades especially the hairs that are long and move gorguesly and alot of pretty facial options and even for the others who dont want pretty characters but rough looking ones.

But what is an pretty character without beautifull armors.
Ive noticed that this game is being more focussed on ''medieval'' style instead of the fantasy magical kind.
I think this is perfect but please dont make every armor heavily looking with alot of plates and metal.
Make an mage for example look how they want alot of robes or maybe an armored mage or even an sexy mage with corsets or some skin showed.
This also counts for an ranger dont make it always look so typical let the players choose how they want there ranger, mage or warrior to look.

These are some of the things i find important especially in the early game cause i need to feel happy about my character options that gives me the drive to continue and discover and make my own story!

Thank you for reading this and i really hope i could help with sharing my toughts about some parts of an MMO game i find important.

Comments

• OOoo i really like some of these ideas :)
  • Welcome, great ideas! :)
  • [quote quote=2451]I agree its a shame alot of mmo’s dont think outside the box when it comes too thier mage’s.
    Letting a Mage choose a sub element is an awesome idea wich also create diveristy between the mage’s
    Or have the core mage be an elementalist and once combined bring the obtion of being able to choose a main element.
    here is an idea.

Tank + Mage ( using earth magic and having high defence )

Skill idea: summoning a stone wall from the ground blocking all incoming projectiles for 2 sec.

Bard + Mage ( using Air magic stepping away from the traditional lighting magic or using lightning but minimal)

Skill idea: area skill levitating foes in that area for 2 sec being unable too use skills ( immobilized )

Skill idea: giving allies temporary movement speed buff.

Priest + mage ( using water magic too heal and protect stepping away from the traditional ice magic )

Skill idea: Dehydration: a life steal skill taking all the body fluids out of the enemy dealing damage and healing yourself.

Skill idea: fountain of youth: an aoe healing skill allies in that area heal over time. ( now i dont mean in the literal sence an actualy fountain would look corny )

Rogue + mage ( using fire magic and matrial arts a fast paced dps mage )

Skill idea: ( eruption: dash to an enemy creating an aoe bringing lava from the ground )

[/quote]

Just a slight disagreement in the context of 'dry land' or 'cold air'.
    Earth / land / dry solid
    Water / sea / wet liquid
    air / sky / cold gas
    Fire / light / hot plasma

Air + Earth = Cold + Dry = Dessication/Fracture
    Earth + Fire = Dry + Hot = Fire/burn
    Fire + Water = Hot + Wet = lightning/electrocute
    Water + Air = Wet + Cold = Ice/freeze
    We move from ice > frost > fog > damp > evaporation > rain....

Would dehydration not be in the realm of dessication ?
    ie. lack of water or not water related.

Some nice ideas though. Fundamentally agree.
  • Great ideas!

Maybe even Mage+Summoner (air magic summoning great winds to aid the player in battle)

Elite skill example ''Hurricane" summons great winds that hurls the players or mobs trough eachother for a few seconds damaging and confusing.

or ''Garuda'' summons an bird like creature to aid the mage granting speed to allies.

or ''Nordic wind'' summons sheer cold winds from the north to freeze allies.
  • [quote quote=2456]<blockquote><div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/some-ideas-from-a-player-perspective/#post-2451" rel="nofollow">SaintJoanna wrote:</a></div>
    I agree its a shame alot of mmo’s dont think outside the box when it comes too thier mage’s.
    Letting a Mage choose a sub element is an awesome idea wich also create diveristy between the mage’s
    Or have the core mage be an elementalist and once combined bring the obtion of being able to choose a main element.
    here is an idea.

Skill idea: summoning a stone wall from the ground blocking all incoming projectiles for 2 sec.

Bard + Mage ( using Air magic stepping away from the traditional lighting magic or using lightning but minimal)

Skill idea: area skill levitating foes in that area for 2 sec being unable too use skills ( immobilized )

Priest + mage ( using water magic too heal and protect stepping away from the traditional ice magic )

Skill idea: Dehydration: a life steal skill taking all the body fluids out of the enemy dealing damage and healing yourself.

Skill idea: fountain of youth: an aoe healing skill allies in that area heal over time. ( now i dont mean in the literal sence an actualy fountain would look corny )

Skill idea: ( eruption: dash to an enemy creating an aoe bringing lava from the ground )

</blockquote>
    Just a slight disagreement in the context of ‘dry land’ or ‘cold air’.
    Earth / land / dry solid
    Water / sea / wet liquid
    air / sky / cold gas

Earth + Fire = Dry + Hot = Fire
    Fire + Water = Hot + Wet = lightning
    Water + Air = Wet + Cold = Ice
    We move from ice > frost > fog > damp > evaporation > rain….

[/quote]

I think she means taking the water out of someones body, causing dehydration.
  • [quote quote=2458]<blockquote><div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/some-ideas-from-a-player-perspective/#post-2456" rel="nofollow">Rune_Relic wrote:</a></div>
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/some-ideas-from-a-player-perspective/#post-2451" rel="nofollow">SaintJoanna wrote:</a></div>
    I agree its a shame alot of mmo’s dont think outside the box when it comes too thier mage’s.
    here is an idea.

</blockquote>
    Just a slight disagreement in the context of ‘dry land’ or ‘cold air’.
    Earth / land / dry solid
    Water / sea / wet liquid
    air / sky / cold gas

Earth + Fire = Dry + Hot = Fire
    Fire + Water = Hot + Wet = lightning
    Water + Air = Wet + Cold = Ice
    We move from ice > frost > fog > damp > evaporation > rain….

</blockquote>
    I think she means taking the water out of someones body, causing dehydration.

[/quote]

Thats what I thought.
    But that would be drying something or dry rather than wet.
    And dryness would be related to earth as in dry land.