Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Rules on 3rd party tools

Hey everyone, was looking around for a wiki or post on the use of third-party tools. I'm a developer and wanted to build a tool for my guild. Does anyone have a link to what is accepted or not? The tool will be a way for a guild to sell goods/services to guild/alliance members. Thx. NikuaFTW
ocean-under-cloudy-sky-3968130_2_bcb5b6.jpg

Comments

• No Addons are allowed in the game. No external combat trackers are allowed either. So as long as your tool doesn't fall under one of these categories, you're good to go.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They are updating the TOS and community guidelines last I heard. What is allowed should be spelled out pretty clearly when those are done. But as the Captn pointed out above, they don't want people creating their own addons and such for the game. Those that do may face account action is the last info I have.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Hi there! You can check out where we've discussed our philosophy on add-ons in the helpful community-run wiki here, and our Terms of Service also mentions what kind of third-party software would violate it. As noted above, these Terms and our Guidelines may continue to change up until launch and afterwards, so that we can clarify these things accordingly!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist you with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.